iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Does anyone know what this is ?

Started by Banjo picker, June 02, 2011, 08:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

A friend of mine has this ...I thought I would share it with the folks here on the forum...

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

bill m

It is a friction device for doing tree removals. I have been using one for 20 years. You attach it to the trunk of the tree you are removing and your lowering rope goes around it to create friction and control the lowering of limbs.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Banjo picker

That didn't take long... 11 min. and 52 sec....I am told it is called a Bollard Lowering Device...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Jasperfield

bill m;

I believe you're right.

From just glancing at the photo I thought it might be the center-section of a board-mounted tiger castrator.

bill m

I have used mine for lowering 12 ft. long saw logs from 60 feet up in a tree. I have hundreds of photos from tree removals but they are on film, not digital so I can't post them.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Jasperfield

Tamiam & Logrite are looking that thing over pretty well by now.

mad murdock

I think Bailey's sells something like that but I think it is made out of Aluminum.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!