iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help identifying old chainsaw part, please.

Started by fishpharmer, December 17, 2010, 01:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

I have an old chainsaw part.  Looks like cover on the chain/bar side.

It appears to be brand new and in unused condition.  Any ideas about what model chainsaw it may fit?

Thanks,
Fish

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Ianab

No help, but it looks like it's an accessory off Flash Gordon's helmet  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SawTroll

I really have no idea - but somehow "Dolmar" struck my brain when I saw the picture...... :-\
Information collector.

JohnG28

Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Cut4fun

sharkey

My guess is 'Root Manufacturing model Whiz'. 

These Whiz style saws were sold with Power Products engines before they became Tecumseh.  They had the large side covers like. 

Im sorry I dont have any pics that I can put up to show you, but if you search the name I think you will come across them.     

fishpharmer

Thanks for looking, I had hoped someone would recognize the part. I have been plundering on the net in search of an answer.  A few minutes ago I found a pic of a Homelite EZ6.  What do y'all think?

http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12154

Or it could be from a Homelite Zip 6 or 600D?

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

frndly neighborhd loger

SawTroll

Quote from: fishpharmer on December 18, 2010, 06:05:19 AM
Thanks for looking, I had hoped someone would recognize the part. I have been plundering on the net in search of an answer.  A few minutes ago I found a pic of a Homelite EZ6.  What do y'all think?

http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12154

Or it could be from a Homelite Zip 6 or 600D?

Looks like you are close to the answer!   :)
Information collector.

fishpharmer

swampwood4430

ive got a bunch of old homelites at the shop that have very similar parts

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!