iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Adrenalectomy Hurts Too.

Started by Chris Burchfield, August 30, 2012, 05:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Burchfield

No reason to dwell on it.  Found a mass on the left during the kidney stone episode I had to have it investigated.  Measured 2.5 cm X 4.5 cm.  Doc couldn't say it was benin or not with out operating.  It qualified for removal because of the size.  I told the doc because of my family history and my life style schedule to take it out.  I went in Tuesday morning.  What should have taken an hour took almost three.  I weigh 280 lbs. a major contributing factor adding to the difficulty of removal.  Tuesday night was rough pain wise.  By yesterday had trouble switching from morphine to hydrocodone not my problem, the hospitals.  I had invested in the electric cigarettes for the event. Had two charged up and had with a battery charging pack.  Some time during Tuesday evening the electrics began not working.  During the switch on the meds that seemed to be a problem on the hospital's end, I had son meet me on the parking lot.  Walked out to the street sidewalk to partake so it would not be on their property.  A couple of Marlboro Red 100's and I no longer had the extreme desire to decapitate or gut anyone in the immediate vicinity.  I was up at 3:30 am today, made a pot of coffee for the hospital floor I was on and restocked their sugar, pink and creamer bins.  Basin washed the pits, hair and shaved.  Doc came in about 08:00 and I was begging him to let me go home.  I guess he could tell I was ready.  Only thing missing was the starter blocks, I had my running shoes on.  I made it out about 10:30.  Just  Dang sore on the left stomach side.  I had done a 24 hour urine test.  That Doc said the right adrenal would handle the job of the left one being removed.  Suppose to take a couple of weeks to get back to normal.  IE:  not hurting.  Good part, the growth came back benin.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

fishpharmer

Chris, glad to hear your on the mend. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

Good news. Glad you took care of it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Good to hear your good report Chris.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Norm

Good to hear you're on the mend Chris but I think you're due for some rest.  :)

Chris Burchfield

Thanks guys.  I don't know what they did with Wednesday.  I've been catching some real deep cat naps.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Thank You Sponsors!