iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pricing burls

Started by bill m, January 06, 2013, 08:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Bill has pics, hopefully of the ash and not me, or his camera might be broken. :D I've a few in my phone, but it needs to be recharged. I'll leave you all in suspense.  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

bill m

Well in the very capable hands of FF member Dave Shepard we were able to saw this up on Sat. morning.
This is what was inside.

Now I just need to get my BIL to make something out of it.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

thecfarm

Not bad looking at all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lowpolyjoe

That's pretty nice looking.  Do you have plans for the boards yet?

bill m

No, no plans. I really don't do any woodworking other than what I can do with a chainsaw. ;D
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

lowpolyjoe

Quote from: bill m on January 15, 2013, 08:29:52 AM
No, no plans. I really don't do any woodworking other than what I can do with a chainsaw. ;D

Hard to argue with that - a router and a table saw are fun, but not as much fun as a chainsaw  :)

SwampDonkey

I thought of this thread, especially Pete's cherry burl when I was browsing a thread on another forum. The burls I saw in thread were from New Brunswick cherries. I think that the guy cut a lot of them and they all headed out of province I believe as many were from Toronto area. Many forum members made purchases. It didn't seem like any of the buyers were burl experts from their own admission. But the burl of a sample was shown and it looked like nice burl.

I was wondering if Pete sliced up his cherry burl yet. ;D

If not, what'cha waiting for? are ya skeered. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

all that I have gathered in cutting burl consist of taking out the center, then making square blocks as big as the stock will allow,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

SwampDonkey

Do you coat them with wax or something to dry slow? I need to make me a small end table with burl top and drawer faces. Maybe even some birdseye for the frame or edging.

All dreamy eyed here, it's early in the morning. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!