iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wild Animals

Started by Ron Scott, July 25, 2011, 08:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

Hands Off the Wildlife.

The Michigan Departments of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD),
Community Health (MDCH) and Natural Resources (DNR) urge residents not to handle wildlife – especially animals that appear sick, lost or disoriented. Any mammal can be infected with rabies, and summer is when most cases
occur. Rabies is always fatal if untreated.

The following precautions are urged: 1) Seek medical care if you are bitten by a wild animal. If possible, collect the animal and consult with local health authorities to determine whether rabies testing is necessary. 2) If you awaken to a bat in a room where you have been sleeping, seek medical attention. Secure the bat and consult with local public health officials about the need for rabies testing. If the animal tests negative, then rabies post exposure treatment can be avoided. 3) Have your pets and livestock vaccinated against rabies.

MDA listserve
~Ron

trapper

A girl in our town of fond du lac is the only known survivor of rabies.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Roxie

If I waken in a room with a bat flying around, it won't be the rabies that kills me. 
Say when

SwampDonkey

Hahaha :D :D :D  Count Dracula comes at night.  smiley_bat_morph smiley_ghost smiley_spider drop
                                                                            smiley_gorgeous
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!