iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Accuset 2 problem

Started by delvis, December 12, 2012, 04:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

delvis

Hello all,  Our 20011 LT40 hydraulic has the accuset 2 setworks.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had this same problem:  Every now and then the computer will stop working in auto/pattern mode.  It doesn't respond to up/down lever, but it will go back into manual mode and let me run the head up and down that way.  If I turn the ignition key off and watch the screen I can turn it back on just as the screen goes blank, but before the engine actually shuts off.  I have not called WM about this and was just curious to see if anyone else has seen this same problem.  Once I cycle the power to the computer the setworks function fine again until they cramp up.  Maybe once a day or every couple days in the colder weather, less when it is warm out.

Thanks for your help.
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

drobertson

Check all the connections, including the battery and the com cables,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

jcbrotz

Mine has a case of this every now and then. I upgraded to accuset2 this summer when my 1 went on me again. I am not sure if it has happened to me since I last talked to Jeremy in NY, He had me change a bunch of setting due to the diesel motor, it will probably happen a dozen times now after lunch. :D :D. Make sure you report back the cure for me incase mine starts doing it again.
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

petefrom bearswamp

I was advised by a Kyle at Hannibal several years ago that when this happens, take the terminals off of the wire from the back of the box and the transducer end and blow both the plug and socket thoroughly and reattach making them good and tight.
This has worked for me twice. 
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

learner

The other day I was sawing some cedar at 4/4 using the pattern mode.  I wasn't watching close enough and the next thing I knew a 7/8" slice came off.  Had to reset to 1" to correct the cuts.  Thanks to Pete for reminding me to ALLWAYS check the connections.
WoodMizer LT40 Super Hydraulic, MF-300 FEL, Nissan Enduro 60 forklift, 2 Monkey Wards Power Kraft Radial arm saws, Rockwell series 22-200 planer, Prentiss 210 loader

YellowHammer

It happened to me several times a day until I removed and reattached the cable at the back of the Accuset box. Definitely a loose connection in my case, hasn't happened since but now I make a habit to check the cable routinely.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Magic Smoke

Try this:
From the Manual-Mode, press the up arrow, then press the key for Other Settings, then press the key that says something like PID Settings or PID Values, press the Next key until you see a parameter for "Up Minimum". The default value is 50, raise this number to 52 and then Save the settings.

Sometimes if the Accuset 2 doesn't have a high enough gain value ("Up Minimum") it will struggle (sometimes indefinitely) getting to the correct position and will ignore the down command until the "drop" is completed. If you raise the head to clear the board before the head has finished its drop while in Pattern-Mode, an abort command is sent and you'll usually end up in the last cut when you subsequently try to make the next drop. If an abort command is sent while in Auto-Down Mode then the system will immediately revert back to the Manual-Mode.

gmmills

Delvis,

I feel you have a accuset software issue if Rev C.18 is installed.  Confirm what software revsion is installed in your accuset. Turn the key on and watch the lower edge of the screen as it boots up. Considering you mill is a 2011 model it probably has the C . 18 rev of soft ware. I am having the same issue and it has no pattern of occurance. I updated from C.17 to C.18. To alleveate a problem that C.17 had. That is when the issue started. There are a number of other sawyers in the area that have installed the C.18 update all are having the same issues. The last I spoke to WM about the issue was told they are working on it.

Also try what has already been mention on cleaning and re-connecting the cable. It may also be causing your issue.
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

delvis

Thank you all and thank you gmmills.  We spoke with a WM rep at one of the logging shows this past spring and he mentioned checking the software version.  I am pretty sure I did, and that it was the latest update, but can't remember off the top of my head what that was.  I will look at it for sure when I get to the mill Friday after work. 

As is, the problem isn't causing that much of an issue.  I just don't want it to be something I ignore without checking to see if anyone else is having the same issue.
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

sparks

If you have Software Revision C.18 you need to give us a call and we will get you an SD card to program it back to C.17          As Magic Smoke mentioned this is an abort issue. If the head does not get to its mark auto down will abort to manual and pattern will freeze up.         Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

petefrom bearswamp

sparks,
What is the rationale for going back one revision?
pete
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

drobertson

Pete, I have to ask if you have ever had an issue while in the pattern mode?  I see you have the super 40 and the diesel engine.  The H bridge has caused me a few issues in the past, and I think It is over for now. However, just this week, I was starting to get similar symptoms, going into the abort mode.  I can't remember my software revision, but it seems like it has to be an H bridge issue to me. But what do I know?  I have made a handy chart for cutting to specific cant sizes so that I can go to manuel mode and finish the job.  The intermittant head jumping is the only issue that raises an alarm for me.  I kinda hate $#^! boards and defintely dislike trashing a 22 buck tie, or worse lumber for a custormer with some primo logs.  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

sparks

Revision C.18 was never suppose to be released. It was a version we were playing with. A few mills got out of here with C.18 but I believe we have corrected them unless we missed somebody.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

petefrom bearswamp

David, see my first post in this thread.
pete.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

drobertson

yea, just missed the details, between the lines, this has helped me as well,  david

delvis

Quote from: sparks on December 13, 2012, 08:58:14 AM
If you have Software Revision C.18 you need to give us a call and we will get you an SD card to program it back to C.17          As Magic Smoke mentioned this is an abort issue. If the head does not get to its mark auto down will abort to manual and pattern will freeze up.         Thanks

I'll be able to find out tomorrow when I get to the mill.  We're finishing up a job for as fellow.  As said before, hasn't been a serious issue, but will find out for sure.  Thanks!

kderby

"I have made a handy chart for cutting to specific cant sizes so that I can go to manual mode and finish the job."

Sorry to interupt but I am interested in these numbers.  I call them "magic" numbers and they help me set the head up, from the bed, then slice my way down through a log with no residual.

I'll send a PM as well

Kderby

drobertson

I have went through a few of them, started out with the chart before learning what the pattern mode was all about.  I just take the board thickness plus the kerf and that is the number, add and go to the next.  Or while in the pattern mode set the drop thicknes and stop point, save, then go up say 20"s  and then start dropping, recording the numbers to the stop point, 

Thank You Sponsors!