iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

felling a completely withered tree?

Started by motif, March 23, 2011, 03:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Please don't do that.
You'd just be leaving a more dangerous situation for whoever might happen by.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

motif

Quote from: beenthere on March 24, 2011, 12:43:49 PM
Please don't do that.
You'd just be leaving a more dangerous situation for whoever might happen by.

I was just kidding of course, I'd never do that but pulling the rope with my truck after initial notch is made
is an option I guess.

Autocar

Motif when you put your wedge in done't get hammering to hard, viberation can brake limbs out if its been dead for sometime !
Bill

clww

Quote from: Autocar on March 24, 2011, 02:59:14 PM
Motif when you put your wedge in done't get hammering to hard, viberation can brake limbs out if its been dead for sometime !
Definitely! I have had this happen to me before when pounding in a wedge. Now I TAP in the wedge. And keep looking up.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

banksiana

Put a rope on it, notch it, back cut it almost to the tipping point, step away from it and winch it where you want it to fall.  Don't take your eye off it and wear protection.

Jeff

Make sure your rope is longer than the reach of the tree!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tycoon139977

yes be sure to wear a hard hat, mine saved me from a nice dent in my skull from a choker yesterday. and if you use a line to pull on it, i wuld put your face cut in, add a little bit of pressure then put your back cut in, if you put your back but in first then pull, just pull enuf to git it started falling, once its moving stop or you will pull it rite off the stump then it will go wherever it wants to.
Berger M-3, Mini Madill 071, Madill 171, Thunderbird TY-90, Yoader

Thank You Sponsors!