iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Walnut slab bench

Started by stanwelch, December 22, 2016, 09:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanwelch

This is how it started 

After a few hours it turned into this

The legs are hard maple. Two coats of tung oil finish.
Merry Christmas to Karen  :)
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

thecfarm

I would much rather you said,Merry Christmas to Ray.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

123maxbars

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Ljohnsaw

Very nice.  Curious as to how you attached the top to the legs.  Any pictures from the bottom side?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

WDH

Whoa!  That is a nice one.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

newoodguy78

One of a kind, great job.

I've got some walnut slabs myself. Did you air or kiln dry that slab? And for how long?

21incher

Great looking job. I bet she will love it. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

stanwelch

Thanks everyone.  :)

I attached the top with 6" tenon on each leg with matching mortise in the top. 
Glued the joint heavy and angled one screw through the inside of each leg into the top. 

The legs are 17" high exposed.  I made a stretcher 4" inches high to fit under the top between the legs but I didn't think it would be needed. If the legs loosen later I'll glue and screw the stretcher to the assembly

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas  :christmas:
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

5quarter

Quote from: thecfarm on December 22, 2016, 09:31:07 PM
I would much rather you said,Merry Christmas to Ray.  ;D
Merry Christmas Ray... :) :)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Thank You Sponsors!