iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

outdoor sauna

Started by sv102, November 06, 2012, 01:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sv102

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post so here we go.

I'm planning an outdoor sauna to my backyard. I've received quotes from couple of local contractors and due to their high prices, I've started to look what DIY kits are out there. Most of the sauna kits I've been able to find have been made out of a real thin timber. I'm looking for a builder that sells timber frame sauna kits? Any idea where to start, or any suggestions for a reputable builder. I live in Pittsburgh, PA.

Jim_Rogers

sv:
You could go to the timber framers Business council site and request information there.
They will forward your request to the members and maybe someone close to you will respond.

If you need the webpage address, just let me know. Other wise a simple google search should get you their address.

Welcome to the forestry forum.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

sv102

Thanks Jim. This is helpful. I submitted my project information through the Timber Framers Business Council site and waiting to hear back.

Jay C. White Cloud

There are a lot of (wood) sauna kits available out there, some good, some not so much.  If you buy a kit, you can expect to spend and minimum of $50.00 to as much as $100.00 per square foot for a well designed sauna, plus your time to put it together.

Jim's advice is sound.  If you are looking for a timber framer in your area, check with the TFBC.  Who ever you use, vet their knowledge on designing, building and facilitating saunas.  Saunas are not as simple as they look.

If you do go with a kit, to put together yourself, you can use a Timber Framer outside your location.  They can ship you the sauna when it is complete, and if they have the skill to design and build a kit, they should be able to facilitate you assembling it.

Good luck,
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

Thank You Sponsors!