iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deer Hunting reward

Started by WV_hillbilly, January 10, 2004, 06:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

This is a
pic  of the buck  I killed in WV on opening day . It was a hard fought  one for me. The weather was nice till about 9:30 am and then it started raining . Then the temp dropped to about 34 f  . I stayed  out all day and had to go to the truck 3 times to change clothes . It was misserable but I was hunting and that was better than working . I thought I was going home emptyhanded but this buck showed up 10 minutes before dark .  It turned out to be the best buck I have ever taken in WV . 8)
Hillbilly

EZ

Hey nice deer, WV-Hillbilly.
We had black powder season couple weeks ago. I got an eight point that weigh in at 70 lbs field dress. I think the rack weighed 30.
EZ

jeepman

That's a nice'n. What part of WV do you hunt in? I killed one in Greenbriar and one in Fayette. The two together were almost that big.

WV_hillbilly

EZ  
   I told you I would get these pics on here soon .  I got one in Ohio during Muzzleloader season to but it was a nice doe . It was the last day to deer hunt for me so I only had a couple of hours left on  Sunday  . Went down in my woods and 45 min. later come home with that doe . That filled up my freezer  for the year .

Jeepman
   I hunt in Ohio , Marshall and Wetzel counties in the northern panhandle of WV.  That was one of Ohio County 's great corn fed deer .

On the last day of buck season I let a little bit smaller  8 point walk past just 25 yds. from where  I got the 9 point  . I hope to see him next year cause he already has some of  the habits of this years buck .
Hillbilly

Ron Scott

Very nice buck! Better than most that I've seen in West Virginia in the Richwood and Cranberry Backcountry areas during my time there.
~Ron

Keltic

Norm

That's a nice buck ya got there WV, I especially like that big sh** eatin grin. Bet you were on cloud nine that night.  8)

WV_hillbilly

The deer up here tend to be a little bigger bodied than those down state. I guess it has to do with all the corn fields around where  I hunt.  

You bet I was pretty happy that day . It was great cause my cousin I hunt with got a buck at 8 am that morning and was gettin on me all day about not gettin one . Well I  got the last laugh cause it is bigger than the one he's got on his wall .  :D ;D
Hillbilly

Thank You Sponsors!