iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Footwear

Started by Magicman, April 19, 2019, 03:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy d

I have to agree with the Red Wings I have a pair of 608 boots that are going on 3 years I have worn them just about every day and there is still a lot more wear left in them their not cheap but I think their worth the money. By the way I also use Aetrex insoles. They made a very comfortable combination.Randy

WLC

When I worked in the woods all the time or was hunting all the time I wore nothing but Chippewa or Danners.  A pair would usually last me about a year or a little more if I was lucky.  BUT, I am VERY rough on boots.  
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Lawg Dawg

Anyone tried KEEN's? Composite toe and they feel like a pair of New Balance tennis shoes. If I don't wear my KEENs, I go with the Georgia Boots
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Old Greenhorn

I have a pair of Keens I wear at the day job almost every day. Nothing wrong with them, very comfy. But the terrain around here is too rough for low footwear when working in the woods. The rocks will cut your ankles to pieces. There is no cut protection either to speak of. I will wear low hiking boots for light work, but if I am moving logs or running the saw I have on my Georgia loggers. They are fairly cheap but they support and protect my ankles and have steel toe and shank. I think of the Keens as 'safety slippers'. ;D ;D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Don P

I tried Keens and they felt good for awhile but then slowly started making my feet hurt, a friend had bought some about the same time and said the same thing. Might be less support than I need. Hard to say I'm sort of like richhiway. Red Wings seem to work. Whatever makes the dogs happy. Buy good shoes and a good bed, when you're not in one you're in the other.

Thank You Sponsors!