iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small international log truck need info please

Started by logman81, November 09, 2014, 06:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate379

Yeah, that is true.  I've delivered to a few where my 1.4 ton dumptruck barely fit.

And then there was the one that ordered 6 cords and wanted it dumped in a drive that was at best 8ft wide x 25ft long... Haha!

Woodhauler

Quote from: logman81 on November 27, 2014, 07:04:23 AM
For delivering firewood to people yes your not going to get in some of the places in need to with a truck that size.
I gauratee i can get my truck into the same places that the truck you got will go. Mine has a 292 inch wheel base!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

xalexjx

Quote from: Woodhauler on November 27, 2014, 07:09:33 PM
Quote from: logman81 on November 27, 2014, 07:04:23 AM
For delivering firewood to people yes your not going to get in some of the places in need to with a truck that size.
I gauratee i can get my truck into the same places that the truck you got will go. Mine has a 292 inch wheel base!

plus you get less ground pressure with a more tires on the ground. we can back our tandem dump twice the places that our single axle will go. Plus better traction too.
Logging and Processed Firewood

timberlinetree

Congratulation on getting the truck 8). Just becarful driving on the road without reg. It's a felony in Ct. Can you load trailers with it?
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

logman81

Thanks I only drove it a few miles down the road so no big deal.  Yes I believe I could load trailers if I ever needed to.
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

So just an update on the truck. Been running through hopes with trying to get all my paperwork in order. Never thought it was going to be this hard to be able to get this truck on the road and be able to drive a commercial truck. So far I have my dot number and will be registering and insuring it soon. Then a safety audit has to be preformed.  Spent way more money then I expected in fess for all kinds of stuff. They really know how to take the wind out of a guys sales!  But in the end it will be all worth it. I'll be looking for a mini skidder in the spring if the winter is good to me.

brendonv

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

logman81

the truck is working out very well, have hauled a few loads so far to a couple of firewood customers. May be getting hired to load trailers for another logger soon. loader is very strong and i have lifted some massive logs with it. dont know why i waited this long to get a loader truck like this. it is extremely handy for all sorts of task as you probably all ready know. Now i just need a skidder to match what I can haul now! :) thanks for asking. Im now planning a firewood processor build that i hope to get started on soon. 

brendonv

Great. Ive been working on mine and thought of it. Handy for sure.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

logman81

That's cool ill probably never sell it it's just to handy. I used it today to load blocks onto my splitter that were to heavy to lift.

logman81

I have some good news looks like I'm going to be hired with my log truck to haul about 1000 cords of tree length for another small logging outfit in Connecticut. He agreed to my price and I also get tree length on top of what I getting paid. I sure hope it works out could be the break I'm looking for.

mad murdock

Congratulations on the new job opportunity. If a mini skidder is what you are looking for, you should see if you you can buy that Garrett model for 10 from your buddy.  Those are real nice tidy little skidder and can still do a lot of work.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

logman81

Thanks the guy I'm hauling for is the one that owns the Garrett he'd never sell it. I do have a opportunity to buy a nice small gafner cable skidder. Once I know this is a go I'll tell him I'll make payments and buy it. Won't take to long to pay it off then I'll be back in business.

logman81

It will be a perfect combo for me I'll be able to haul my the skidder myself and do the harvesting and haul the logs myself to. Totally self sufficient!

Thank You Sponsors!