iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TICKS!!!

Started by StimW, April 19, 2015, 11:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

You have to specifically request the Lyme test. There are several varieties of Lyme tests, some more effective than others.  Some people also go undiagnosed for Lyme for an extended period, despite repeated tests (my cousin was one of those, and was wheelchair-bound for an extended period as a result).

I'm guessing that the reluctance to test for Lyme is that doctors are getting leaned on by insurance companies to control costs. In an area where Lyme exists, everybody with an ache or pain comes in wanting to be tested for it.  The docs probably know they are in for a headache trying to convince the insurance company that the test should be covered, so they are not pushing it unless they have a very good indication.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

whitepine2

Quote from: John Mc on April 23, 2015, 03:12:29 PM
You have to specifically request the Lyme test. There are several varieties of Lyme tests, some more effective than others.  Some people also go undiagnosed for Lyme for an extended period, despite repeated tests (my cousin was one of those, and was wheelchair-bound for an extended period as a result).

I'm guessing that the reluctance to test for Lyme is that doctors are getting leaned on by insurance companies to control costs. In an area where Lyme exists, everybody with an ache or pain comes in wanting to be tested for it.  The docs probably know they are in for a headache trying to convince the insurance company that the test should be covered, so they are not pushing it unless they have a very good indication.
Right on on different tests,some give false readings.
There was a shot (3) in all but was taken off market because it
could give BELLS PALSY ask me how I know and it was only 80%
effective so don't know if I O.K. or not,it seemed like a good idea
at the time.      W.C.

Thank You Sponsors!