iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Stove heating?

Started by 101mph, November 30, 2014, 01:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

scleigh,one of my friends have kinda the same thing. No controls with it. I think he has an All Nighter? He put a hood over the stove and has legs on the hood to hold it over the stove. His is only about a foot above the stove. Than just 6 inch stove pipe to 3-4 6X12 vents in the floor. House is nice and warm.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

101mph

That looks great scleigh. Unfortunately I have no where near the headroom you have in my crawlspace.

beenthere

If I had that little bit of headroom, I'd be doing some digging.  ;D

Outside entry to bring wood in, and decent area to store some dry wood ahead.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

scleigh

Ray, I bet your friend captures a lot more  heat than I do, with the hood being so close to the stove. I would hit my head on the hood every time I loaded the stove if mine were any lower.
That being said, I still get the radiant effect from the stove being below the living room, the wood floor is always warm.

101mph

beenthere,

I hear ya.  :)

All long term plans that I will consider if one day we decide to move up there full time.

BradMarks

Neat to see a Fisher Papa Bear in North Carolina.  Those originated just out of town from here - The Fisher's up Camp Creek Rd.  Maybe they had production facility's on that side of the country?  They were very popular before deq regs. 

scleigh

Brad, I've got a baby bear also for my shop that I have not gotten around to installing yet. Bought both used from a man that had bought them new from a dealer in hickory, nc.

Thank You Sponsors!