iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small Slasher

Started by lumberjack48, March 15, 2012, 08:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

In some of the small selective cut Norway I've cut this would have been the ticket. In row cut plantation Jack pine, 6" butt 4 sticks tall, put 15 tree length in a pile for the skidder [1 cd] should be faster then by hand.

But i dought if it hold up to my expectations.

I like all the safety first their using, you might get a dead one on you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrMFRacM7Qo&list=FLLrMZcmecJApDamempwT7kA&index=4&feature=plpp_video
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

snowstorm

where do you dig this stupp up? bolt valmet and rottne made 2 grip harvesters. they were a lot bigger safer   just better and they bolth stopped building them. now find a vid of a rottne 2 grip then a new ctl machine

beenthere

Interesting video. Must be an early prototype.
No ROPS, which especially for that type machine would be imperitive.
The other feature that was hard to fathom was the quick hydraulics that made "out of control" movements several times.
A bit of flow control for smoother control seems needed in this design.
But interesting to watch..:)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lumberjack48

This Highlander and a truck is all the equipment i would need. The wood shouldn't touch the ground on till its unloaded at the mill.

It would be a one man operation, i would load the truck as i slashed it. When i got the truck loaded off to the mill I'd go.

If i was sorting saw logs out, one or the other would have to go on the ground. [ It would be fun ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnwrQIebFSg&list=FLLrMZcmecJApDamempwT7kA&index=1&feature=plpp_video
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

redlaker1

my first reaction to that highlander is I would want a good steel screen over the front window in case you were pulling a tree back to the clam and it got caught and then released,  wouldnt take much to put a butt through the window,     and I would hope that the boom never let go,  being that it is directly over top of you.    pretty sweet looking machine though.

and for that little buggy,   no way I would be out in the bush with that thing and no canopy over me.   just takes one good branch to land on you,  nevermind a tree

they sure do have some different ideas for forestry around the world

up here its all buncher, skidder, limber, slasher, woodloader.  and now they have in most places a chipper in place of limber and slasher
  never seen anything else

Autocar

My first impression is how do they keep it from getting stuck ? Pretty small tires and low to the ground. But then Ive never been in that type of forest so maybe it's feasable.
Bill

lumberjack48

It can raise and lower the frame. If we leave much more than a track in the woods were shut down.

I was putting out 90% tree length, this machine would have been perfect for what i did.
I could even saw firewood up and let it fall in the pickup box.

I've looked and looked i can't find a machine thats so handy, fell, skid, cut to length.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bhuLDeqtkw&list=FLLrMZcmecJApDamempwT7kA&index=5&feature=plpp_video

Thank You Sponsors!