iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

McCullah Chian saw leaking oil

Started by Kirk_Allen, March 03, 2005, 10:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

One of our farmers brought over his McCullah Chain saw and wanted me to fix it for him.  It leaks bar oil profusly.  It is a Titan 57 or Tritan?

Its an older saw and has push button oiler.  When you want to oil the bar you push the primer.  

Anyone have any experience with this type of saw and can give me some input on why it leaks oil so bad?  I havent torn it apart yet but wanted to get some pointers that may save me some time.

Thanks

redpowerd

dont know about macks, but my homeylight had hoses running to and froe for the oil pump. wheres she leaking? does it leak only after you pump the oil? if so id say you have a problem in the lines, if not, the tank. good luck.

QuoteOne of our farmers
you have your own farmers? :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

rebocardo

I can only go by the electric I have, it leaks from the holes where the compression fitting pushes into the tank. Basically remove the hose, cut it a bit, push the brass plug back into the hose, push back into tank, if I remember correctly. Luckily for me, mine leaks right onto the bar, so all I have to worry about is leaving it faced up so it does not leak.

leweee

Kirk ...check this out:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/ozflea/saws1.html
http://www.acresinternet.com/

bob has a few IPL's on that first site 8)
mike has a great site for general specs. :P
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Hoop

Instructions for fixing old McCulloch chain saw.

Place saw on anvil or some other immovable object.  Locate 8# or heavier maul or sledge hammer.  With both hands, raise maul/sledge hammer as high as possible. Prepare to swing maul/hammer for all its worth.

Deliver fixing blow to saw.

Of course, you can ignore this and torture yourself by repairing the cracked oil tank with JB Weld.

Kirk_Allen

Should find out today what the problem is.  Shop stove is cookin and its time to fix this thing.

Kirk_Allen

FIXED 8) 8)

Turns out one of the screws on the side for the handle screws directly into the oil tank.  Couldnt find a leak anywere so filled it with transmission oil.  Great looking red dripping from the bottom screw.  Removed it and used Teflon Tape and leak is gone!

Runs like a top and no more Leak 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!