iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

College World Series

Started by DPatton, June 21, 2018, 08:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DPatton

Last evening my wife and I attended game 9 of the CWS in Omaha (I am fortunate to be married to someone who has access to tickets through her employer). We took my wife's parents along and had some good quality family time together enjoying the game, the food, and the atmosphere of the series in and around TD Amaritrade Park. This is a great event that brings in an amazing and fun crowd with some real colorful characters every year.
  Game 9 was an elimination game between the Oregon State Beavers and the North Carolina Tar Heels. As some of you sports fans may know the Beavers rallied 4 runs in the top of the 8th to take a 7 to 6 lead, then kept the bats swinging for another 4 runs in the top of the 9th inning to win the game 11 to 6 ending the series for North Carolina.
  Today I got to thinking about all the Forestry Forum members and their favorite or local college teams represented in the CWS. I started wondering who of you might have attended the CWS or are planning to go to the CWS this series. If your a fan of the games or an attendee of the series chime in and let's see who all participates.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

DPatton

;D ;D Hey DPatton,

I love the CWS too! Just can't get enuf of it. I watched that game as well and it was awesome! You think them Beavers stand a chance against them Hogs from Arkansas? 8) 8) 8)

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

D & S Sawmill Services

DPatton

Quote from: DPatton on June 24, 2018, 05:48:36 PM
;D ;D Hey DPatton,

I love the CWS too! Just can't get enuf of it. I watched that game as well and it was awesome! You think them Beavers stand a chance against them Hogs from Arkansas? 8) 8) 8)
;D ;D ;D I hope them there Beavers make it hard on Arkansas and give them a good hard rubharbing this series. But in the end I want coach Vanhorn to win as I have a bit of a soft spot for him and his team. He was a great coach when we had him at Nebraska and I hope the best for him and his team. 

D & S Sawmill Services

DPatton

This is a great topic, can't wait to see who posts next! :D :D :D

D & S Sawmill Services

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

E fan

As an Arkansan and a hog fan to boot watching this CWS games it seems Arkansas has little to no respect from anyone

timberking

Transplanted Arkansan here so you know how I'm leaning.  OSU was not the team I wanted to see but they probably feel the same way about the Pigs.  Throwing the ace tonight hopefully hold down the Beaver bats and recreate some more first inning magic. Go Hogs WOOOOO PIG SOOOIE RAZORBACKS

DPatton

:D :D :D :DFinally! I knew there had to be somebody else out there watching. Thanks for saving me from having to respond to my own post again. ;D ;D ;D.

D & S Sawmill Services

timberking

Rain out moved to today.  Our extra day of rest advantage is probably gone.  Don't mater just play ball.  Outside the Natural State, there seems to be a bias against the Pigs favoring OSU to win.  Just makes my back bow up more.  Go Hogs WOOOOOOOO PIGGGGG SOOOOOIE!  There I feel better.

DPatton

Yea it rained nearly all day here yesterday and then really let loose just before game time. The field is designed to take these kind of rain events no problem but ya still cant play in a downpour. Today should be dry according to the forecast. 
 The OSU Beavers team has traveled well this series with a very strong fan base presence in the stadium. I haven't experienced an Arkansas Hogs game this season so I'm not sure what their crowd is like. But I have to believe there is a strong local presence that is rooting for Coach Van Horn to win. Either way I'm sure tonight will be a great atmosphere with lots of fun to be enjoyed in and around Ameritrade Park.  

D & S Sawmill Services

timberking

Hogs win!  Hogs win!  Take care of business tonight wrap up the NC.  Fans traveled well and making Omaha a home.  By the way Beaver lake underwent a name change for the week to Omahog Lake.

DPatton

D & S Sawmill Services

BradMarks

I'm a Duck, but being from Oregon, I DO (wait, I said that once in my life!) root for the Beav's in baseball at the CWS. Our own team has an overpaid coach and an underperforming (as in losers) team. Certainly there was a momentum change in last night's game with the interference call at second. And the Arkansas pitcher(s) did a great job. We'll see what tonight brings. Hoping for a game 3 ;D

DPatton

BradMarks,

Looks like you got your wish. The Beavers took the Hogs by surprise with a come from behind victory last night. There will be a game 3 this year! Any of you Arkansas or Oregon FF members gonna be sitting in the stadium tonight?

D & S Sawmill Services

timberking

Be there in spirit only though you might hear me screaming.  Back to zero and looking for a good game resulting in a Razorback win.  WPS

DPatton

Well Arkansas fans it looks like roast pig was on the menu for Oregon State tonight. The Beavers have sealed the deal on their 3rd College World Series Championship title. 

D & S Sawmill Services

timberking

Yes I have a cloud over me today but thankful for a great season and congrats to the Beavers, they were the best team.  I'm proud of our team and of our fans that traveled so well and looked so good on TV.  Big lift for the whole athletic program and can't wait for football.  Great to be a Razorback  WPS!!!!!!!

DPatton

Well members it's that time again as the College World Series rolls back into Omaha. Are there any FF members attending any of the games this year? This years 8 team lineup (Texas Tech, Michigan, Arkansas, Florida State, Vanderbilt, Louisville, Mississippi State, Auburn) brings some teams from states with lots of FF members. I'm lucky as Stephanie is able to get us clubhouse tickets through her employer for at least one game a year. We will be attending Sunday nights game, Mississippi State vs Auburn. Chime in if your attending any of the games this year or if you have a horse in the race you are cheering for.

D & S Sawmill Services

DPatton

Game 1, Michigan heads to the winners bracket after beating Texas Tech 5-3. Texas is now in a win or go home situation on Monday.

D & S Sawmill Services

Larry

Arkansas is making a return trip this year to snatch the glory.

GO HOGS!!!!!
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

btulloh

The Wahoos didn't make the final 8 this year. That leaves me open to root for somebody else's team. Which team?  Who deserves some extra rootin' ?
HM126

DPatton

Haha... Larry,

You know I have no horse in this race. But the Arkansas fans and more importantly the coach have good history right here in Nebraska. Therefore I'm not at all opposed to cheering on them Razorbacks "Whoooo Pig  Sooooie"! But Tomorrow night in cheering for Mississippi State.

D & S Sawmill Services

DPatton

Tonight FSU wins and will proceed to the winners bracket and play Michigan on Monday. Arkansas loses tonight's nearly scoreless game and will join Texas Tech in a win or go home situation this next week. 

D & S Sawmill Services

Magicman

Quote from: DPatton on June 15, 2019, 09:42:48 AMWe will be attending Sunday nights game, Mississippi State vs Auburn.
That is an interesting match up with Auburn's coach having formally been at MSU.  Yup Doug, I wish that we were there.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hedgerow

Not a huge baseball fan but the series brings a lot of money to Omaha. Living only 60 miles west of Omaha I try to stay out of Omaha during the series. The traffic is always bad during the series. I hope every ones team wins. 

Thank You Sponsors!