iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new sand gitter..farwood hauler...

Started by zopi, February 03, 2012, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zopi

my junkyard wars dump trailer..took a sawzall to a seventy seven ford dually dump, and then hacked the hitch off of a leroi dresser compressor that really needs a lighter smaller hitch, about six hours of fitup, and running beads...she goes down the road pretty nice, seems like I hit the geometry pretty close.

Still a bunch of truck bits to cut off..everything I can to to make it lighter/increase available payload...plus it needs to be orange and black.  ;D

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Ironwood

There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

zopi

Thanks!  I have some long lengths of pretty heavy pipe...thinking of adding a smallish DanG lawg loader...I believe I have enough winches and snatch blocks. Prob be pretty primitive though.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

sandhills

pant pant drool drool  ;D  Looks like it ought to serve you well!

Magicman

Now, I like that.  Matter of fact, I really like it.  Dimensions??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ironwood

Are the sides removable? I have a 94' GMC dually stakebody here that has a good bed/frame, that would make a good trailer. Hmmm, do I REALLY need another trailer.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Holmes

Quote from: Ironwood on February 04, 2012, 10:35:26 AM
Are the sides removable? I have a 94' GMC dually stakebody here that has a good bed/frame, that would make a good trailer. Hmmm, do I REALLY need another trailer.

No  But Magicman does  ;) hint hint  ;D ;D
Ironwood
Think like a farmer.

Taylortractornut

Good looking trailer.  Im looking at adding one for my other dump truck to ad capacity moving compost home.       To save on weight  pull the axles and the diff.    Ive done that before with track axles and  even removed the whole housing and added a section of pipe.
My overload permit starts after sunset

zopi

Magic..it is a ten cubic yard box...the truck's gross weight was 10k..curb weight was five k...I will title it as six or seven k trailer..

I am going to lift the punkin out of it eventually...pull and cut the axles to stubs and either machine or cast a set of plugs for the inner axle housing, and add zerks so it can get it's yearly squirt...

will prob paint it eventually..but I have a bunch more welding to do on it. for one, I want a tool box on the passenger side frame rail, and mud flaps/fenders do protect the hydraulic pump. must replace some shtte metal where it is rusted out...THAT is always fun. this thing has a honkin big hitch on the back...I am noodling a way yo use that to support a pair of gin poles for said log fetcher....
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

zopi

got 'er dumpin'! Ain't that sumpin'?

Optimus Prime's new trailer.

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

beenthere

Maybe this one?

Click on Preview button before posting, and you will catch those little errors. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

westyswoods

This is amazing. I have a 77Ford  F350 dually U Haul, which an old timer and I took the box off, cut the frame down and made into a dump for hauling fire wood about 17 years ago. Truck has tremendous sentimental value to me as the old timer , Earl, was a man of such tremendous talents, (welder, well driller, carpenter, electrician, mechanic the list goes on. The best mentors I could ever have wished for just don't make like that anymore. Earl and I fabed this dump from scraps, hoist,pto,bed ect and it worked wonderful. Earl passed away about 13 years ago and the truck is now ready to go and meet Earl in spirit. I just bought a F350 V-10 this weekend which is going to be converted for a multipurpose dump/utility truck.

Now the amazing part. My plans for "Earl" , the Fords name, are to cut the frame behind the cab and make a wood hauler out of it. Not one minute before viewing this thread my wife asked me what my plans are for Earl. I told her he was going to get converted into a dump trailer for hauling wood and other junk. Pull and save the engine plus tranny. The rest will go to the bone yard.

Low and behold I click on this site and there is "Earl"exactly what I have planned. Freaky yes, but Man did it give me a warm feeling as no way can I express what this man meant to me and others. He will live on through his work and I am sure is looking down saying, " How can we use it, even if others don't think it will work" The spirits work in strange ways.

Peace be with you Earl and I will see you whenever.

Westy
Stay Safe and Be Healthy
Westy

zopi

oops...

Westy, that is a cool story...makes me feel good.
I made the lights work this afternoon..it is a functional trailer now, just got to figure out how to title it..every bloody state is different.
there is alot more work to do to it..the semi trailer jack really needs a smaller handle..slow bugger..but it will never again lift thirty or forty thousand pounds...sooo..bunch of little crap underneath to cut off and junk, as well as the axle housing..probably work on that stuff  later on now...some other projects rearing up on me...I wont to make the pattern and cast my sector arm for the sawmill, and I discovered my parts stash for my fine adjust outrigger project..gonna do one and try it out on one side then the other..I have a feeling it will need to be shorter at the top before it is over..anyway..until I scavenge up the metal to continue welding on this beast, it is as it will be for awhile.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Sprucegum

If you had a bar across the top of the box at the back you could raise the box, chain a log to the top bar, lower the box, now you got one end of the log in the box. Then what - eh? I need to think about it some more  :D

zopi

That is only good for one log though...winch mounted up front of the bed in a hitch receiver so it can be removed and a roller tail on the back edge of the bed...and a regular pair of short removable gin poles...or even better a pair of winches...just for the easy factor.
maybe someday...other projects are eating me at the moment.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Thank You Sponsors!