iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sharpening circular saw blades

Started by ely, February 10, 2012, 09:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ely

table saw blades and the like. my question is what are some of the machines you guys have to sharpen blades. im interested in this. not as a business only for myself. i have seen prices from 6k on line to 49.99 at harbor frieght. i am more interested in the 2or 3 hundred dollar range of sharpener. have seen a few older machines in that range but have no clue what names are good bad or otherwise. any insight is appreciated. i have taken to sharpening my table saw and dado blades with a diamond hone by hand... while it works suffiecient i want to do it properly and less labor intensively.

ely

wow, its hard to believe that with the wealth of knowlege and variety of folks on here i get no replies with 40 something views. i thought for certain i was not the only cheep person on here.

Autocar

Ely Ive sharpened my hand saws and circle saws for years I have a tooth setter for handsaws and just filed them by hand. And on solid tooth saws I would set the teeth with a block of steel then file them by hand. But Bell Saw use to sell hand saw sharpeners I would think some of them would be around yet. Good luck Bill
Bill

beenthere

I didn't answer because you were asking for machines.
Quotewhat are some of the machines you guys have

I sharpen mine by hand. So that doesn't count. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WH_Conley

Sorry that I could not respond quicker. Had to work today. As far as cheap, you are in good company.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,46237.msg685493.html#msg685493

I would like to use American made, but, if I have to buy Chinese, I want to pay Chinese price.
Bill

36 coupe

Ive used a Bel Saw Sharp All since 1970.Used to be a good business but is dead in the water now.I use it to sharpen circular saws and my planer blades.Bel Saw had a carbide grinder but business was getting very slow so I didnt buy one.There are few people that are good at sharpening tools so that may account for the lack of replies.I dont like carbide saw blades,saw too many with missing teeth.I have a Bel Saw planer that ran thousands of feet of door and window trim.No demand for trim now.

Thank You Sponsors!