iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

357xp -- .325 or 3/8 chain

Started by Bobcat_pa, March 19, 2004, 07:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobcat_pa

I am thinking about a new Husky 357xp which can come with .325 or 3/8 chain.   Since I already running .325 on my 353 & 346xp, .325 would fit in better; chains, grinder setup.   However, I am wondering if this saw would run better with 3/8 chain.  What size are you 357xp folks running ?  Bob

Hunter

I had a Ported 357xp By EHP. It was an absolute animal.
I ran 3/8 chain and it would out cut a 372XP. For the size of these saws and the power they have, 3/8 is the way to go.
I to have alot of saws that have .325 chain, but the 357 cuts faster with the 3/8.
I think you can't go wrong with the 357. they have a full circle crank and they dont even loosen up until about 20-30 tanks of fuel. Alot of power for such a light saw
Hunter
Jmccomas@insight.rr.com
614-554-2169
Dolmar / Efco / Redmax / Silvey Grinders Sales

jokers

I agree in principal with what Hunter has said, the 357 should run 3/8 chain. .325 is for smaller saws that don`t have the jam for 3/8. To run the 357 with .325 would be like running at less than full throttle. Depending on the size bars you run on the 346xp and 353, you might be happy running 3/8 on them also.

Russ

Bobcat_pa

Thanks--always appreciate your input.   Running 16" on both the 353 & 346xp most of the time.   3/8 the choice.    Jokers--my garage is almost done, and time to get back to ordering a chain grinder.  Are you still hearing good things about the Maxx ?  I have not forgot about that Silvey 510.   Bob

jokers

Quote....Jokers--my garage is almost done, and time to get back to ordering a chain grinder.  Are you still hearing good things about the Maxx ?  I have not forgot about that Silvey 510.   Bob

Sure am Bob, and don`t forget that I also have both the Maxx and 510. Both top shelf grinders.

Actually I`ve been using the Maxx almost exclusively for the past couple of months and it is doing very nicely.

Russ

tony_marks

i would aggree with the above post..if the 357 is what ive heard it to be . its accross the line of where a .325 chain would be best..
 it is a good questiuon tho. i wish there was some way u could try both. then u could  possibly advance th current accepted knowledge on the subject...of course this would be outa pocket for u and one or the others,, not going to be of any use. stlll it be nice to see it done.

Bobcat_pa

Yes Jokers, that is my big decision: Maxx or the Silvey 510 .  Thanks for letting me know the Maxx is working good.  Bob.

Oregon_Rob

Who makes the Maxx? Got a link? :P
Chainsaw Nerd

Ol_Hickory

I'm also looking for a grinder, and I've looked at the Super Jolly and the MAXX.  I can only find one source for information about the MAXX on ebay.  Is there anyone that knows where additional information can be  found?  Is anyone using the Super Jolly?  If so, what do you think about it.  I like the locking feature of each.  Where did people who have the MAXX purchase it?

I'll appreciate any and all information.

Thank You Sponsors!