iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another job in the wings

Started by tule peak timber, January 27, 2015, 09:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

A new upscale winery, near the winery I finished last year. The two pics are artist renditions of the new place .I am going to do some of the custom mill-work in this establishment,  starting soon. This time I  get to do some original designs and I'm really looking forward to the job !  Rob

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Bill Gaiche

Good luck. Will be looking forward to see your work. bg

Magicman

It will be nice for you to get your name on your craftsmanship. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

Thanks guys. Certainly nice people to work for... Rob

sprucebunny

That's great !!
Hope this is more fun than the other one.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Just Me

All of my architects retired in a two year span and caught me unawares. That is the best way to get work. I just built a table for an arcitects house and she was happy so I am hoping to get some shop work out of that.

That is a cool looking project, looks like it needs some interesting details. You go boy!

Congratulations!

Larry

JohnM

I'm willing to bet those "artist renditions" cost the client more than my real house. :D  Looking forward following along on this one, Rob. :)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

tule peak timber

Quote from: JohnM on January 28, 2015, 09:25:22 AM
I'm willing to bet those "artist renditions" cost the client more than my real house. :D  Looking forward following along on this one, Rob. :)
And more then my house too ! Going to do some fun things for this client... :)

jueston

looks like an awesome project, we are all looking forward to seeing pictures a the project moves along.

scsmith42

Rob, this sounds like a cool project!  I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

yukon cornelius

I cant wait to see what you get going. your work is spectacular!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Lud

Your'e a lucky fellow to be the right guy in the right place at the right time with the right skills, energy, patience and balance.   We're rooting for you! 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

mikeb1079

i'm not exactly sure that they would even let me into a place like that.   :D

i'm sure it'll be both challenging and rewarding!!
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

jamesamd

I've no doubt ,Your contribution will be kick a$$  ;)

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

tule peak timber

Well I spent the week building up a prototype counter top sample to get through the architectural review process. It is built from end grain walnut cookies, 3 inches thick, woven together like a jigsaw puzzle with an ever evolving random pattern. Natural edges all around and a 1/4" thick coating of glass like epoxy. The epoxy is so shiny that it wipes out the photographs by reflecting light from all over the finishing room. The purpose of this exercise was to demonstrate that I can build the countertop in join-able sections and have good results over unlimited length and shape. The last countertop I did in the other winery was 110' long, matched natural edged and I hope this comes out better.
Cheers, Rob

Dave Shepard

Would those sections be installed, then coated to cover the seams? That is a very neat table top.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

tule peak timber

Dave two choices: One is to install and use silicon in a smooth wipe joint ; number two choice is epoxy putty, day two epoxy fill , day three clear epoxy fill, day four wet grind and fair out the whole top. I'm sure he is going to go with the later instalation as it is the best looking. Rob

GAmillworker

WOW

Always Amazing to see what comes out of your shop
Thank the Lord for second chances

fishpharmer

Beautiful work that really portrays your creativity.   8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

scsmith42

Rob, THANK YOU for sharing your talent with us. It is truly inspiring.

Nice job drying those cookies with minimal cracks too.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

pep

Rob. Beautiful work by a true craftsman.  Always look forward to your posts..  Keep up with the pics

Cheers
Pep
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

tule peak timber

Thanks guys for the kind words and comments. I feel honoured to be among other people on this site who cut, dry and build with one of our greatest resources. Everyone on this site is a creator in many different ways. On any larger project, there is a lot going on behind the scenes planning wise. Weight estimates for doors to meet ADA compliance, construction notes to meet code compliance, fire code compliance, etc. etc. The overall time frame and how the different parts of a project will mesh and be on time, on budget and then the production of samples for the architectural review board, which usually consists of quite a few "cooks in the kitchen"...all unpaid time. The pic below is me this Sunday when I can have the shop and my thoughts to myself. Everyone have a good superbowl Sunday! Cheers, Rob

mesquite buckeye

We went for a walk along the river in the fog this am. Can't seem to get any pictures to go through the internet today to post them. I think my woodworking for today will consist of final adjustments of the wood shaper so I can get those tongues stuck out. ;D

Have a good one. 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

5quarter

Rob, Very clever design...the architects are going to love it. I like the illusion of depth...a really organic style.  8) 8)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

SwampDonkey

Great stuff.  :) Looks like lots of work ahead.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!