iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wedding Present

Started by scleigh, August 19, 2016, 06:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scleigh

A couple winters ago, a friend and I brought this large white oak log home while doing a firewood project a few miles from my house.

I had a few boards left from the log that had been air drying for nearly 2 years. Well, a life long friend got married a few weeks ago and I decided to use the white oak to build a bench as a wedding present.

The bench is about 6.5 feet long and 17" wide. I finished it with linseed oil and a couple of coats of beeswax.

I'm taking the bench to a wedding party for the newlyweds tonight, hope they like it.

Bruno of NH

Nice work I like it
No ones going to run off with that
I bet it's hefty
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

scleigh

The bench was a big hit, everyone loved it. My buddy is a big guy, about 6'3". He gave me a big bear hug and told me he loved me. It was hard not to shed a tear.....

lowpolyjoe

coxy

who would not want something like that  great job    wish I some of your guys skills and talent  to do wood working 

clww

Fantastic job on a great present. :) :) :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

samandothers

Great job, great gift and great moment with a good friend!

Savannahdan

How did you carve the lettering and numbers in it?  Sure is a nice bench and excellent present.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Jemclimber

Very nice indeed!!  Do you own a cnc?
lt15

coxy

Ianab

Quote from: coxy on August 22, 2016, 08:39:07 PM
what is a cnc ??? ??? :)

Computerized Numerical Control.  Basically a computer controlled carving machine in this case.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

scleigh

I wish I had a cnc machine, I actually had a customer on my route do the lettering. His daughter did the lettering free handed, then he followed it with a router.
I've been thinking about stencils and maybe printing a pattern to try and do lettering myself. No way I could do it in my own hand writing, it wouldn't be legible. :D :D :D

thecfarm

That looks good. He is lucky to have you as a friend.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!