iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Transfer table

Started by redbeard, August 07, 2018, 04:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbeard

Found what I thought was a old log deck , Of course it was buried in tall vines and small trees at a non operating sawmill and made a deal with the owner and dug it out and hauled it home. One of those future projects that get in the way of other future projects.

It was tricky loading it on 14' boom truck bed, needed a little help from his Case Backhoe,  we only had 7' hanging off the bed .

originally I thought it was home made and then found a plate when pressure washing.

This end is where the edger operator would control slabs coming off the mill by raising the chain strands to move boards sideways then lower them and use rollers to feed boards to edger station.
I was able too actually get a sketch and a invoice from shurman and the table was fabricated in 1956 for
Spalding & sons inc. in Grants Pass Oregon. 
Probably will work on it this winter I did get the roller freed up and the other chain is pretty froze up. There's a few other issues one of drive shafts is bent. And the pedal controls are toast.  
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Crossroads

That's cool, it seems to have done a bit of traveling over the last 75 years. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

moodnacreek

You made a good move. The more powered decks you can get in your yard the better. I took a 11x20' , 4 strand log deck and made it a green chain. It is single phase, 3 h.p. , forward and reverse. I sort, stack and sticker on this deck and un load with the fork lift.  Iwouldn't work without it.

Peter Drouin

Looks to be cleaning up nicely. 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

TimW

Any updates?
   hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

redbeard

Still have the old deck and plan too use parts off of it, same old story I will get too my projects after I cut one more customers order!
Problem is they keep calling.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Ventryjr

OP are you going to use this for loading logs onto the mill or sorting boards/cants? 
-2x belsaw m14s and a Lane circle mill.

maple flats

Get some Bluecreeper and apply to all parts that should move. Reapply every week or 2 until each part moves as it should. Great stuff! Available from Logrite (see left column). You might want the 16oz spray bottle and a 1 gal refill.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!