iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Barko loader.

Started by BargeMonkey, October 12, 2019, 01:44:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Guy seemed decent on the phone, supposed to send better pics, I guess it's pretty clean. Live heal, circle saw is ok shape, stripper on the trailer, Rotobec 4048? Grapple. About 12khrs, Cummins engine, been done already. What does a 225 equal ? About a 310 ? I called, supposedly parts aren't an issue. I've got a dumb question ? 😂 god forbid I wanted to run my barsaw what would I have to do to go from the circle saw ? Parts are "supposed" to be here end of next week on my 160, been a great machine but cant do this anymore, been down 6wks + on this job because of the loader. 

Anything odd to watch out for ? Up in northern VT, missed that hood which was 1.5hrs away. 😂   

Riwaka

Thought you would be going for a Barko, JD, Tigercat, Cat, etc 'track base' log loader (or a self propelled truck tire base)with a saw circuit connection in the base. The older track bases appear to be mostly well used and rebuild worthy. If things got bad, could swap (on some models) a track base log boom/ arm to a dirt boom/ arm and do dirt work.

kiko

Those 225 s were good loaders but dated. That is probably a 2002?  Piston pump.  I worked on them a bunch, so you got service advise .  I do know that loader came set up hydraulically for a pull through delimber and ground saw.  I have no knowledge of the workings of the slasher saws, not used around here.  Catastrophic pump failure can be super expensive.

BargeMonkey

I'm not desperate for a 2nd loader but the live heel, circle saw and not beat right to death shape is kind of nice for what I can spend. Supposedly about 12k hrs, engines been swapped, needs a couple hoses and can go to the woods. 

It's been put on a drop deck trailer, said it's not bad shape. Has a mechanical "stripper delimber" that mounts on the front. 

No board for the saw but that's not a deal breaker, theres a Propac 600 in QC I may chase down at somepoint that's on rubber and nice. Go this week and look at it, 2004 and not beat to death is fancy for around here. 😂 

Are they a strong loader ? Equals about to a 310 prentice or ? How much is expensive with the pump ? Any thing to really look for ? 

celliott

Is that the one on VT CL in Peacham? That's right down the road from me. Probably know the guy.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Maine logger88

Circle saw and live heal is nice. Hopefully the drop deck is strong enough for pull through work I know the trailers take a beating 
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

mike_belben

Well it was a fair bit stronger before someone smokewrenched the outer rails from it.  

Look for rot in the main rails under the carbody where the salt flings up. 
Praise The Lord

Southside

Barge,  having a stripper should be second nature to you.   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

BargeMonkey

Quote from: celliott on October 13, 2019, 10:25:36 PM
Is that the one on VT CL in Peacham? That's right down the road from me. Probably know the guy.
That's the one. Guy seems decent, just downsizing a bit, I dont think it looks too bad. 

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Southside on October 13, 2019, 10:52:48 PM
Barge,  having a stripper should be second nature to you.   ;D
I have taken steps to make my posts on here as family friendly as possible 😂 I've been on the path of straight and narrow lately, theres was a slip up in April with 2 attractive mid 30s blondes and a bottle of vodka but these things will happen. 

BargeMonkey

Quote from: mike_belben on October 13, 2019, 10:51:14 PM
Well it was a fair bit stronger before someone smokewrenched the outer rails from it.  

Look for rot in the main rails under the carbody where the salt flings up.
I'm tempted to swap the self propelled trailer from my 160 to this and vice versa. 

Riwaka

Always thought this TC setup worked fairly well. How would the TC pump/ hydraulic set up compare to the Barkos?

234 Tigercat handling hard wood! - YouTube

TC made a informative vid for the 234  back in the day.

Tigercat 234 loader walk-around (2007) - YouTube

Jeff

Quote from: BargeMonkey on October 14, 2019, 01:05:15 AM

I have taken steps to make my posts on here as family friendly as possible  I've been on the path of straight and narrow lately, theres was a slip up in April with 2 attractive mid 30s blondes and a bottle of vodka but these things will happen.

And this is much appreciated  and forgiveness and congratulatuons is awarded for the blond incident.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

BargeMonkey

Quote from: mike_belben on October 14, 2019, 09:26:24 AM
For barge

Jamey Johnson - Women - YouTube
😂😂 If I told you the "In Color" album was in my toyota playing right now 😂  need to let me know when your back up this way again. 👍 

BargeMonkey

Wednesday is supposed to pour. The other one I'm headed to look at, it's got alot of positives the Barko doesn't. Little older but supposedly in awesome shape. Self propelled, saw is alot better shape with a board, 6.8 deere engine has been done. 

Go look at both and see I guess. 

Old Greenhorn

This stuff is over my head as you know, but that last one looks like a winner. Seems like it has had good care and all the steel is clean. I just drove back from VT this morning, but I was down at the south end and had the wife in tow. Good luck in the hunt.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Oliver05262

Give a yell if you are ever back up here. If you were in the SW corner, you were right near our place.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on October 14, 2019, 09:56:21 PM
This stuff is over my head as you know, but that last one looks like a winner. Seems like it has had good care and all the steel is clean. I just drove back from VT this morning, but I was down at the south end and had the wife in tow. Good luck in the hunt.
I'm trying to be cheap and get by for a while, in a bit I will either keep both or upgrade and sell 1. Theres a 648G3 / 450J I want to buy shortly, the salesman from Propac is determined to send my dinosaur down the road and get me into a 10k hr range 320C-320D with a propac. The chainsaw / 440 days are about done for 90% of it. 

Southside

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on October 14, 2019, 09:56:21 PMSeems like it has had good care and all the steel is clean

Plus it has a fresh dose of Sinhider!!! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Skeans1

Did Serco ever offer a track mount carrier?

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Southside on October 14, 2019, 10:30:28 PM
Quote from: Old Greenhorn on October 14, 2019, 09:56:21 PMSeems like it has had good care and all the steel is clean

Plus it has a fresh dose of Sinhider!!!
If you could have seen the shape of my Barko when I bought it 😂 The guy who ran the back lot @ Cat in NH was like get this thing out of my yard, cut alot of wood with something no one wanted. I'm going to go thru it, it's been owned by this guy for most of its life, never seen a pull thru supposedly. The saw is in great shape and has a board, self propel is the big seller for me, added another set of legs for getting hooked to the tractor and side hill ground. 

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Skeans1 on October 14, 2019, 11:56:09 PM
Did Serco ever offer a track mount carrier?
I sold this in 2009 ? To a guy about an hr away, he used it to clear a couple building lots, hasn't moved since. I'm going to buy it back CHEAP and mount a live heel / grapple on it, theres times it would be handy. 

I want to say that was fall of 2005 ? I bought the truck and trailer before I could get an "A"-CDL, then bought that dinosaur a few months later. Tugboat money 😂 

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Oliver05262 on October 14, 2019, 10:14:01 PM
Give a yell if you are ever back up here. If you were in the SW corner, you were right near our place.
I had mentioned the trip in another thread last week. We are up that way at least once a yer, sometimes 2 or 3 times to visit family. We passed thru Bennington on our way to Wilmington. My cousin is recovering from knee replacement, so we didn't do much. We stopped at a distillery to grab my supply of a favorite sipping material, then stopped by a young cousin's sugar house to see how they fall prep is going and looked at another cousin's new house build. I have cousin't just north of Bennington too, but we didn't stop. The holiday weekend traffic was really getting on my nerves by Monday with all the tourists who apparently don't leave the city much.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!