iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chain identification - which one is this?

Started by samm, November 15, 2018, 07:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samm

Have a chain given to me, it's 84DL.  Has "8B" on the bottom of the drive links and a symbol with 3 overlapping chain links on the tie straps.  Wondering which brand this is, and if it's of decent quality?
Photo:

Keep your stick on the Ice!

DelawhereJoe

Its made by tri-link quality is ok, some would say its cheap. Home depot and tractor supply carry it, I've found it to be better quality or at least more constant then the cheap Oregon chain. According to tri-link its 3/8 .050 chain the 8B, 8 for 3/8 chisel and B for .050.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

lxskllr

TriLink. It's a low cost chain I've never used. No one loves them, but some people are happy enough, and others are pretty disappointed. I'd guess they have quality control issues, so it's hard to tell what you'll get. Free's free though. It's certainly worth more than nothing.

samm

Quote from: DelawhereJoe on November 15, 2018, 07:30:18 PM
Its made by tri-link quality is ok, some would say its cheap. Home depot and tractor supply carry it, I've found it to be better quality or at least more constant then the cheap Oregon chain.

Quote from: lxskllr on November 15, 2018, 07:32:04 PM
TriLink. It's a low cost chain I've never used. No one loves them, but some people are happy enough, and others are pretty disappointed. I'd guess they have quality control issues, so it's hard to tell what you'll get. Free's free though. It's certainly worth more than nothing.

Thanks for the quick response.  I think I'll let this one ride in the bottom of the toolbox and go help my Stihl dealer's sales quota by buying a good RS3 chain.
Keep your stick on the Ice!

DelawhereJoe

Save it for times when you think you may hit something or when you don't want to damage the high quality chain. I added to my other post with more info on that chain.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

mike_belben

If the cutters are full, drivers slide through the bar and it actually fits thatd make it the best chain i own.  Run it until you cant then toss is like the rest. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!