iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mods to LT15

Started by Plowboy, October 15, 2003, 07:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plowboy

Here are my modifactions to my LT15.  I wanted a trailer package, but could not afford the $900 WoodMizer package.  So I built my own with the help of my Dad.  

Here is some pics of the removable axles.  We can pull a pin out and slide the axle completely out form under the mill and set the mill down on the ground.

Here is the axle out of the frame.
This is how we lift the back of the mill to remove the axles or pull the axles out and give the axle a quater of turn back and the mill is in the low rider position.  This is how we get into low places like the garage and our shop.

Kevin

Nice job with that.
Dad's can be handy to have around.

WoodChucker

I agree, nice job for sure!  So how much did you save by building it yourself? I'm sure it must have been worth your time and effort, hey?

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Plowboy

WoodMizer wanted $900 for the trailer pack, plus I would have to buy another bed section right away.  The parts to build my own cost $300.  I have about 3 to 4 hours of welding and attaching the pieces to the mill.  Also I was able to only use the two bed sections for right now.  I plan to buy another bed section but not untill around December sometime.

Dad is handy to have around every now and then.

Here is a pic of the mill in the lowered position.

mhasel

Ditto, nice job there, a little imagination and welding can go a long way!! I took advantage of some warm weather this week to finally get a snowplow mount that goes on our 4wd tractor primed and painted. One of my handiest creations is a logging boom, works great for getting the end of the log up and skidding out of the woods. I'll have to get a few pictures this weekend.

Glad to see someone else using a leaf blower to clean off their mill, I use ours for everything it seems, works great on the bush hog & mower to the tractor and disk.

Mike

Thank You Sponsors!