iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

universal tractor

Started by SeaBass, September 05, 2008, 11:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBass

Hey guys! I'm about to go see a Universal 640 tractor! Can anyone help on that brand? How hard it is to get fixed ect...
Thanks alot

cheyenne

Check first & make sure you can get parts. If not you'll have to have them made $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ are all the manuals available. Good Luck Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

mike_van

I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Harvey

Check some of the tractor forums,  www.tractorbynet.com,  should have info on them.
For every mile of road there's two miles of ditch.

cheyenne

utb/universal; made in Brasov,Romania in 1985. amount made unknown. cost new $20,000 64 hp weight 5,000 lbs seems skimpy. If it were me i would not pay more than scrap price for it but only if it runs with no smoke or blowby. Whats the asking price. Cheyenne

Ernie

I had one years ago, 640DT.  Ours was the first one in Taranaki (our province in NZ).  After about a year, the Romanians came out and borrowed it to test on the dyno at the local dealer--- 72 pto HP, someone had goofed in the factory.  The parts are old Fiat compatible and available from a lot of wreckers.  It was strong, started and ran well, the rear hydraulic linkage was not particularly fast or accurate but otherwise , for the price, it was a good machine.  I would get another one now if I could get a good price, with a CA loader with down pressure, I would expect to pay about $7500 to $8000.

Hope this helps.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

cheyenne

There's one for sale in Dungannon, Ontario as we speak.....$ 6,346 US

Thank You Sponsors!