iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trees in Madison, Mn.

Started by Magicman, April 09, 2012, 06:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I just got an email about some trees in Madison, Minnesota.  Madison is in the SW corner of the state.  Anyone interested?

Here is the email:

"I have a question for you about a tree I have out on my property.

It is a fairly large maple tree that seems to be starting to die out. Would it be worth my time to try and see if someone would want the lumber out of it or would it be something I should just cut down and burn? I can send a pic if you want to see the size. I can not put my arms around it and it has a fairly tall straight trunk. Also have a good size black walnut tree same thing starting to die.

Thanks for your time and opinion"

That just might be a "very valuable" Walnut tree.   :) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

That is a sparsely populated section of the state, so there may not be anyone close enough to be interested.  I only see a couple on the member's map, but I was hoping that maybe someone would be close that did not have their location "pinned" on the map.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

nsmike

Quote from: Magicman on April 09, 2012, 11:41:23 PM
That is a sparsely populated section of the state, so there may not be anyone close enough to be interested.  I only see a couple on the member's map, but I was hoping that maybe someone would be close that did not have their location "pinned" on the map.
That"s why I posted the link, not only is it sparsely populated, there aren't a lot of trees except along waterways. The state only shows one mill in the entire county, that one mill, often advertises for trees to cut in the 'Market Place" the quarterly news letter put out by the Marketing and Utilization staff at the DNR.

sparky

The "Tree Removal Project" was completed quite some time ago in the Madison area. For what it is worth, Madison, MN is the lutefisk capital of the world.

Sparky
I'tnl 2050 with Prentrice 110, Custom built 48" left-hand circular and 52" Bellsaw right-hand circular mills, Jonsered 2171, Stihl 084, and too many other chainsaws. John Deere 3020 and Oliver 1800 with FELs. 20" 4-sided planer and misc.

Magicman

FF member "buildthisfixthat" lives just North of Madison, but he has not logged on since February 12th.  I do not see a way to send him an email.

Thank You Sponsors!