iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

winch problems?

Started by treefarmer87, February 02, 2012, 08:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack48

Sorry guys, after i got hurt i don't know where half of my stuff went to. The family soup't in like vulture's.   :(   >:(  The wife had to spoon feed me the first year. I'm going to call the boy and put him on the hunt for master controllers, there might be one or two laying around.

Whats wrong with the one you have ? I had one that the main shaft bushings wore out on, i took it to my machinist, he put new sleeves and bushings in it, just like new.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Ed_K

My main shaft leaked a little, but the real damage was in the housing where the brake pistons push the fluid out.One was worn,the other is cracked to the outside.The sleeve was wore right thru.Seems the springs didn't return qiuck enough to keep the push rod centered.My machinest is making a new cup housing and sleeve the main rod with new o-rings.
If your son finds one, I'm on the list.Thanks.
Ed K

jocco

Ed i had to put a kit in one they are pricy new and scarce as he!! used.

Quote from: Ed_K on February 05, 2012, 06:23:07 PM
My main shaft leaked a little, but the real damage was in the housing where the brake pistons push the fluid out.One was worn,the other is cracked to the outside.The sleeve was wore right thru.Seems the springs didn't return qiuck enough to keep the push rod centered.My machinest is making a new cup housing and sleeve the main rod with new o-rings.
If your son finds one, I'm on the list.Thanks.
You may check out but you will never leave

chopper888

I am just getting into logging and I just joined this forum.  I bought a 1985 Tree Farmer with a Can-Car 20 that was completely toasted.  My guess is the winch hadn't turned in 20 years.  Anyhow, I found a place in Southern Illinois that has a ton of skidder parts.  I bought a completely rebuilt winch - direct replacement - for $2500.  This included a 3 month warranty.  The people there were also very friendly and willing to answer questions...he even threw in some chokers to help me get started!  They also had rebuilt controls.  I think he said $600 for them.  I was able to take mine off and go through it myself, so I didn't have to buy that.  The name of the place is Schaeffer Enterprises.  http://www.sewlparts.com/   I worked with a guy named Andy.  I would recommend them any day.  I wish there were still more places in business like this!
Timberjack 230D
Tree Farmer C7D Grapple/Cable
Stihl MS660, 066, MS390, MS192t
Case 580C
Kubota 2350
Central Boiler CL 5036

Thank You Sponsors!