iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Glasses, Lost & Found

Started by Magicman, November 20, 2014, 08:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Both Pat and I need our "peepers" to read, etc.  There are probably a dozen pair scattered about the house, but when you need a pair....lost.  This morning I needed a pair and the search began.

Ah ha, they gather themselves up and huddle in an unlikely spot knowing that you will never look there.  I found 5 pairs holding hands and giggling while I was looking.   :snowball:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brucer

There's something to be said for having only one pair  ;D.

I have the same problem with gloves and ball point pens :D :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

sawguy21

It's like that here Lynn. I have to remember where I put them, once off I can't see to find them again. Karen must have at least six pair of reading glasses but never has any when we go to a restaurant. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

I have 2 pair, 1 pair lives next to my single-tooth setter in the garage and the other pair lives in my shirt pocket except when I'm sawing, then it lives on the console in the truck!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Nate379

Gloves, pens, and tape measure.

I swear I could buy them all by the truckload and still have to run around the whole place in search for one.  :D

thecfarm

I have one pair. I put them on in the morning and take them off at night. That way I always know where they are.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

I'm in Ray's club, my wife still can't believe how dependent I am on them but they're the last thing off and the first thing on, can't see a thing without them  :-\.

ely

I have one pair of reading glasses that I can get by without while ordering off a menu. I have 3 pair of seeing glasses that I really cant do too well without. I can see ok but I cant read road signs until I am very close to them. I may see a deer at 50 yds but it has to have a huge rack to not be a doe. ::)

I have clear lenses, transition lenses, and regular polarized lenses. the first too are on frames that you can tie in a knot and the retain the original shape, very useful for me. I actually slammed them in the hood of a truck and went back and found them after 5 minutes with no ill effects.

Gary_C

Quote from: thecfarm on November 21, 2014, 07:06:54 AM
I have one pair. I put them on in the morning and take them off at night. That way I always know where they are.  ;D

That's my plan too. A long time ago I decided to heed the advice of my older brother after my glasses fell out of my pocket into the gutter in the barn and I spent hours searching thru the cow manure for my glasses. Ever since then I hang them on my nose in the morning and sometimes take them off when I sleep. End of story.  ;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!