iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally sawing lumber

Started by Robert Owens, June 14, 2014, 10:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Owens

I was able to saw two logs today. One 4 foot pine to practice and make stickers with and one 8 and 1/2 foot to make 1" boards. Worked out fairly well for the first time. I'm a bit slow but wanted to take my time and understand the saw. Two logs down and 72 more to go. Absolutely love it.

YellowHammer

Congratulations.  Sounds like you are dialing it in.
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Darrel

I sawed 3 logs on somebody else's mill on Thursday and I love it too man it's going to be a long wait 'till September when I get my own mill.  I sure am glad that you are "finally sawing lumber."
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

drobertson

Way to go Robert, you might as well saw up a few more arm loads of stickers while you are at it ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

SawyerBrown

Congratulations!!  Warning: it is addictive!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

bandmiller2

Rob, we all walk before we run, speed will come on its own schedule.  Besides you would use up your logs too fast. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Congrats Robert on your new adventure.  8)  Now how about some pictures.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Robert Owens

I'm trying to get the pictures loaded. I went through the tutorial and created the album but have to figure out how to get the pictures off my phone and onto the album. I have an I pad and very slow service at home since we live way out. Hopefully, I will have some pictures on in a day or two. I may try this at school with my computer.

thecfarm

I think some have to send the pictures to an email address from thier phones. From what I see a computer is alot easier.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!