iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing on a Hot afternoon.

Started by Tom, July 12, 2003, 02:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Here are 747 Board feet of cypress cut from a 24 foot length of cypress harvested from Tom's farm.  Tom is on the left and is the retired county agent.  Next to him, in the rear is Dalton who is retired and builds and repairs horse drawn wagons. Next is Wayne, a retired automobile salesman who owns and operates a quail hunting preserve. On the right is Doug who is soon to be retired from the sign business and helps with the operation of Tom's farm.

Here is an example of how a sawmill business can grow exponentiallly.  They are friends who help each other and I saw for them all.  I met Tom through a Forestry Tree Farm meeting years ago.

The tree provided sixteen 1 x 21 x 18 clear boards and the rest in smaller sizes of 1x as well as some 2x8's and a 4 x 10 mantle.

Bibbyman

Looks like y-all are all old enough to know to get out of the hot sun! :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

AtLast

Now THERS the pot callin the kettle black Bibby :D  ;D  :)  ;D  ::)

LeeB

How did you cut the mantle? Is it squared or does it have a live edge? I cut  a mantle every now and then. Most of my cutomers want a live edge or quarter round. Do them out of cedar and mesquite and sometimes pecan. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Tom

This one was a clean and square 4x10.  I cut a lot of natural edge mantels also.  It just depends on the likes of the customer.  This one is a ver-ry particular, everything-has-its-place, can't-be-out-of-place, fellow. A natural edge wouldn't look right in his motif. :)

Thank You Sponsors!