iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new mill.

Started by welderskelter, December 16, 2018, 11:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welderskelter

Finally got my mill running. Been in the making for about 6 years. Didnt take long to find things to change though.

As soon as somebody tells this old man how to post pics on here I will.

Crossroads

Congratulations, I look forward to seeing your pictures 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Nomad

Welder, at the bottom of the main page there's a tutorial on how to post photos here.  Not hard, once you get the hang of it.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

terrifictimbersllc

The basic idea is that you make a post ("reply").  Then you upload the picture into your gallery (first time you do it, you'll  have to make a gallery).  Then you click on the picture in your gallery and click on the link that says to insert that picture into your post. That's the basic idea. 

A key thing I always need to remember is that there are two windows open when I am doing this. One is the post (reply).  The other is the gallery with the picture.   You will go back and forth between these two windows. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

welderskelter

ronwood

Looks good. One thing that you may add if you have not already is shields around bandsaw blades. When the blades break it hard telling were they will go.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

welderskelter

All in due time. I got the engine from a lawn mower (17 hp. kohler). Used a drive from a Owatonna swather. for the clutch and brake system, tires and wheels from a garage sale, The platform was a boat dock. Not sure where I can find shields from. I watched an Amish guy run a cooks mill yesterday and now I have a lot to change. But thanks for the looks good anyway. Merry Christmas Harold

thecfarm

One member used plywood.
Have fun sawing!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

use single wheel trailer fenders.

or a single dual wheel trailer fender over the top

welderskelter

Skipper11A

Welder, you should probably spread out those concrete blocks under the bar joists so that they won't have to span such a distance.  In fact, in your pics it appears that the bar joist on the sawdust side is already bent.  I hope that's just an optical illusion.  But if you bounce a 4,000# log on your mill (and you will!) it might bend or twist those bar joists permanently.  Easy fix.

Otherwise, nice build.

welderskelter

Yeah I was watching that pretty close when turning so I didnt drop them. Especially that big one. Must be the pic. Mill seems pretty straight yet.Next summer I just might go big on the bottom part. I will use the dock for what it was made for. 8)Thanks Harold

Banjo picker

Quote from: thecfarm on December 18, 2018, 02:19:08 PM
One member used plywood.
Have fun sawing!!
Cooks use to use plywood for the front [doors].  Not too bad of an idea when you knock a blade off somehow....plywood is somewhat forgiving.  I guess that wasn't slick enough a look, as now I see they are metal.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Thank You Sponsors!