iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

thoughts on wallenstein firewood processor

Started by logman81, March 20, 2015, 08:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

So after talking with a fellow dyna sc12xp owner I think the dyna is the better choice for me. We talked a lot about the machine and I'm quite impressed with what he has told me. Plus if it's going to be run by my dad or my wife it is the way to go because neither one of them will be able to start my big 660 saw. The dyna is a little more money but I feel it is a good machine and a good company to deal with.
Precision Firewood & Logging

landscraper

Good luck, hope you get something that works well for you.  I know mine has exceeded my expectations so far. 
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

logman81

Thanks I really think that dyna is going to be the right machine as long as I can afford it.

Tom L

I have noticed on my multitek that if the chainsaw blade starts to dull, the logs do not go correctly into the splitter channel
the saw blades need to be sharp, to cut thru any remaining wood cleanly on the downstroke of the hydraulic saw.
any little bit of tree still connected will cause the cut piece to roll as it falls and need to be repositioned to split.
with this machine, it is a joy to run and can do quite a bit of wood per hour if everything is sharp. with a dulling blade it becomes a hassle to run , as almost 50% of the wood has to be repositioned before splitting

so keep everything sharp and well maintained no matter what processor you get

logman81

Thanks for the tip tom, I keep up on the maintenance of all my equipment religiously!

sawyerf250

Kind of curious what Dyna is a actually asking for the 12 and 14 models if anybody knows a rock solid answer? I have tried calling the company and getting any info from them yet, trying to formulate a questionnaire in essence of everything I want to know before I call and waste their time.

Massey Ferguson 375 w/838 loader, Wallenstien Fx 90 winch, 3 Husqvarna chainsaws

logman81

The sc12xp starts at 12k and goes up depending on options.

logman81

Any one here have the cord king m18-20? Looks like a very good machine.

dwchaisson

Does anybody know what kind of production rate the wallenstien has? 1/2 to 1 cord per hour? I'm in the process of building one which is similar in concept but unsure if it will be fast enough to overcome My ADHD
homemade skidder, homemade band mill, home made log loader and trailer, 1993 ford 1 ton,1996 Chevy 1Ton dump, 2010 john deere 5065M with loader, 1987 trackless with blower, 576 husky,565 husky 372husky, homemade processor in the build stage, 900 david brown. 2 fordson majors. Life Long Collector

logman81

They claim one cord an hour, but I'm not sure if that's man hrs or machine hrs.

DZell

Does anyone have experience or a review on the newest wallenstein wp 1624? I have only seen the videos from the manufacturer. 

Thank You Sponsors!