iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone use a drone?

Started by Okefenokee_D, December 04, 2019, 06:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okefenokee_D

Quote from: Magicman on December 07, 2019, 08:20:37 PM
Google the legality of shooting down a drone.  Here is one:  Shooting down a drone

Yeah, they post about no drones on every wildfire I go on.

Sucks to need some fire retardant or water, but cant get it due to a drone.

beav

If you want you can see some of my drone footage in the thread "well" in sawmills and milling reply #273.
That was all done with a dji spark

Okefenokee_D

Quote from: beav on December 07, 2019, 09:58:12 PM
If you want you can see some of my drone footage in the thread "well" in sawmills and milling reply #273.
That was all done with a dji spark

I'll take a look! Thanks!

Okefenokee_D

Video from my Autel Evo drone.

Autel Evo Test Flight 1 - YouTube

Autel Evo Test Flight 2 - YouTube

Select 1080P 60FPS in the video quality

I may keep this thing. Be nice to record some prescribed burning this winter!

Good video with the Spark, Beav!

beav

Wow okefenokee_d!!
Cool footage! That was your first flight? How the heck did you fly through those trees so far away? Vr goggles? vlos? The camera did well pointing right into the sun. Nice panning.
I checked it out, the evo is quite a machine. Can you adjust the telephoto lens on the fly or do you have to change them on the ground?
That was fun to watch!

Okefenokee_D

Quote from: beav on December 15, 2019, 08:53:29 PM
Wow okefenokee_d!!
Cool footage! That was your first flight? How the heck did you fly through those trees so far away? Vr goggles? vlos? The camera did well pointing right into the sun. Nice panning.
I checked it out, the evo is quite a machine. Can you adjust the telephoto lens on the fly or do you have to change them on the ground?
That was fun to watch!
Thanks!
Pretty much. Never took it into the woods so I decided to try it. I had obstacle avoidance on so it kind of helped me see how far I was from limbs. I connected my Samsung S10+ up to view it better.
Adjust the lens? Like how? Adding the filters? I know I can adjust the exposure and other things on the go. 
The glare from the sun had the sky white. I need to figure out the right setting to tone down the white in the sky.

Thank You Sponsors!