iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidding log to sawmill

Started by thechknhwk, November 14, 2013, 12:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechknhwk

Wallenstein log grapple in action on the kubota. About a 25' firewood log... picked up in a snap and then barely knew it was back there. I'm calling it a "win

I had already skidded the two 12' saw logs up to the mill before I started videoing.  Also posting a link to my facebook page if anyone is interested.

http://youtu.be/8aQqxLdTBfc

https://www.facebook.com/StoryOfTheTreesSawmilll

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sheepkeeper

The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

Chuck White

Nice outfit!  ;)

Tractor plus the grapple!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dboyt

Add a winch to get the logs out of ravines and you'd have a log moving machine!  Nice grapple-- it will sure save a lot of time getting on and off the tractor.  Thanks for posting.  Is the tractor the limiting factor on how much you can lift/pull?
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

thechknhwk

Quote from: dboyt on November 14, 2013, 07:27:13 AM
Add a winch to get the logs out of ravines and you'd have a log moving machine!  Nice grapple-- it will sure save a lot of time getting on and off the tractor.  Thanks for posting.  Is the tractor the limiting factor on how much you can lift/pull?

No, the grapple lift capacity is 1500 & the tractor capacity is 1900.  There are no ravines around here I have to worry about.

thechknhwk

Pic while I was deciding how to get it off the trailer.  Turns out the 3pt hydraulics went up high enough to pick it right off the trailer.

GDinMaine

As long as you can back right up to the logs, it is a great thing to have. 
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Thank You Sponsors!