Sponsors:

Worse Pizza I Ever Had!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 24, 2018, 08:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Food has a lot to do with the name.  :D :D :D
I ordered the 20 inch diameter.

It had been sliced with a dull blade, crawling with Black Ants  Black Olives,
bowed in the middle and left in the Kiln to long.

I've had it with this place!  smiley_thumbsdown

I heard "Jakes Place" had better Pizza.  :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Maybe he is using Sweetgum for the crust??   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Southside

What did you expect from a pizza that advertises "New York in every bite"?  Sounds like it held up to the claims.   
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

starmac

Just proves you have never ordered pizza on the Navaho reservation. 
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Ianab

If it's anything like here it seems the main pizza chains are all in a price race to the bottom (price and quality). 

We frequent a local franchise called Hells Pizza. Not sure how their marketing would go down in the States, but with Black being NZs National Colour, and not taking religion too seriously, it works here. 

More importantly, they haven't forgotten that making good pizza is more important than just the price. I'll happily pay a few $$ more for a GOOD pizza. 

OR, I make my own. Breadmaker mixes up the dough, then raid the fridge for toppings.  :D  Standing joke here is "Almost out of groceries, we are down to eating salmon and avocado pizza"  ;D 

Aye, times were tough in those days. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sawguy21

starmac, that is not nice. Funny though. :D Good pizza is hard to find, its either doughy or overcooked making the crust inedible. The best we found was D Hut in Surrey BC, these guys know how to make it loaded with fresh toppings and a nice crisp crust. The local joint is ok but not memorable.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ianab

Dunno, it's hard to make a BAD pizza. Some are certainly better than others, but it's generally in the "OK", to "Fantastic" range. 

But I have had a couple over the years what rated "red and yellow sludge on cardboard". I'm not even sure what they did to make them that bad.... 

Ohh.. Hells do a promotion from time to time called "Pizza Roulette". Normal pizza but they put ghost 
 chilli on just one slice. "You don't pay any extra $, but someone's gonna pay"  :D 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Roxie

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on March 24, 2018, 08:46:32 PM
Food has a lot to do with the name.  :D :D :D
I see retaliation in your future.  :D
Say when

WDH

Yeah, but it only cost .067 SGU's. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I would not trust a pizza place that is in a Ste.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

Not much to say about pizza, but Poston is starting to look like one of them thar "hippies"😁
Too many irons in the fire

Jeff

Quote from: barbender on March 25, 2018, 11:01:15 AM
Not much to say about pizza, but Poston is starting to look like one of them thar "hippies"
Leave him alone!  He's in the midst of growing a soon to be needed comb over.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

That right there is the clearest example of defend on one hand, and attack with the other.  Well played Jeff.  :D
Say when

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Roxie on March 25, 2018, 11:49:36 AM
That right there is the clearest example of defend on one hand, and attack with the other.  Well played Jeff.  :D
That done it!!!!
Now I'm gonna unveil my latest Goat Scream.............
BALALAIKA!!!!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on March 25, 2018, 11:24:34 AM
Quote from: barbender on March 25, 2018, 11:01:15 AM
Not much to say about pizza, but Poston is starting to look like one of them thar "hippies"
Leave him alone!  He's in the midst of growing a soon to be needed comb over.
For your information Boss its called reforestation.  :D :D :D

Jeff

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on March 25, 2018, 12:15:16 PMBALALAIKA!!!!

That does look like how one might spell a goat scream.:D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ljohnsaw

Not surprising but California doesn't have a lot of great pizza.  There is one that we feel is good but not what they claim to be.  I lived in lower NY state from when I was 11 to 20 so I know what a good NY pizza is - even bad NY pizza is pretty good!

This "chain" is "Pete's NY style Pizza".  Great crust with lots of fresh toppings.  They will cook the pie to your desired crust color.  Normally it would have a little black but we preferred light brown.  Really, really good, but still not NY pizza.  Their prices have gone out of sight, though.  We even have a chain called NY Pizza that couldn't be further from the target! :D  Was back in NY last year (after being gone 30) and the pizza is still the same - great!

I grew up in Southern California eating pizza where the dough was put through a wringer roller (like from an old washing machine), cut out with a giant round cutters (not hand tossed), some sort of red sauce painted on with a wallpaper brush and sprinkled with toppings that looked like they came out of meat grinder.  This was all done behind a glass wall so you could see your pizza being made. Yummmm! ::)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Dave Shepard

Some of the very best pizza I've ever had came from just over the line in Craryville, NY. The old goat took the recipe with him, and the family had to shut the place down.  :(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

All I can say is that I have been damaged.  I am going to have to file suit for character defamation.  5000 SGU's.  However, I will settle out of GOAT COURT for a mere $3333.33 SGU's. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I will butt you all the way to the highest pen in the country! 😂😂😂

WDH

Looks like we are going to butt heads.  Given that, I am sure that I will lose.  Prudence may be the better coarse of action.  It looks like the best solution for me is to just host a BBQ.  A goat BBQ.

barbender

Best to band him and feed him corn for a bit, you don't want that BBQ to be too gamey!😂 I'm really enjoying all the usage of the SGU, that's funny stuff😂😂😂 Sometimes I prefer the slang terms though, for instance a few weeks back I bought a rifle for 2.33 Billies.
Too many irons in the fire

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on March 25, 2018, 07:53:03 PM
Looks like we are going to butt heads.  Given that, I am sure that I will lose.  Prudence may be the better coarse of action.  It looks like the best solution for me is to just host a BBQ.  A goat BBQ.
Checks in the mail. 😢

Southside

Pizza King in New Albany, IN - found the place by complete accident - amazing pizza - worth stopping in.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!