iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

38 point buck

Started by semologger, October 28, 2009, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

Someone was telling me of a 38 point white tail killed recently. I think it was in greenville ?. Has anyone else heard of this. Someone is in hog heaven and lots of bragging rights if so.

pasbuild

Id like to see pics of that even if they are photoshoped
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Tom

beenthere

Didn't find any news story of this 38 pt buck, so hope there is one written up. Keep us informed, pls.  :)

There was someone near Fondulac, WI that shot a (the?) turdy point buck in Sept. this year.

A 38 pt buck was shot by a teen in IA a few years ago, as this quote from an article mentions.

Sunday, November 23, 2003

Here's something to chew on at deer camp today, along with your venison tenderloin.
An Iowa teenager has shot a 38-point buck that may be the biggest non-typical whitetail buck ever taken by a hunter.
For those who need clarification: Typical bucks have antlers that are generally symmetrical with the same number of points on both sides, while non-typical bucks have irregularly shaped antlers or more randomly spaced points. The Boone & Crocket Club is an organization that keeps official scores for both categories of antlers.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Sometimes we get a doe deer with antlers with many points and often not symmetrical, all knarled and twisty. Believed to be cause by hormone imbalance.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ely

got a text the other day on a deer killed in nebraska. said to be 41 points with a 43 inch spread. picture looked like it, but you know about pictures these days. also said it was the new neb. state record for archery and gun. not certain how.

anyway does anyone else have info on it.

Fla._Deadheader

It was killed in a high fence hunt farm. Pics are out there, I just didn't want to post an unauthorized photo.

Here's what I put in the search address bar     Nebraska State record 41 point buck
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

beenthere

Lots of hits when googled.

Here is one conclusion written about the pic that is being shown.
Yep, that is the same photo I got from my buddy. Looks like this thing is making the rounds on the forums. Looks like people have said it was taken in Illinois, Nebraska, Missouri, and Kansas. Others say it was taken from a high fence area. Who knows what's going on. Sorry to get everyone all worked up but it is beginning to look like another hoax.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Fla._Deadheader

This was written along with the photo.

I chatted with a guy today, that actually held this buck`s antlers in his hands. It was killed at Samson`s Whitetail Mountain. Supposedly took $35,000.00 to hunt there ???  :o :o
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

How much does that make venison steak, a pound? :D

Jeff

:D  When I searched google for "Nebraska State record 41 point buck"   This thread was number one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

semologger

Quote from: Jeff on October 29, 2009, 04:46:11 PM
:D  When I searched google for "Nebraska State record 41 point buck"   This thread was number one.

Well at least you know we like to keep our thoughts gpong on here.

Thank You Sponsors!