iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Husqvarna Clearing Saws 545fx Reviews?

Started by TupsTimber, March 28, 2013, 10:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TupsTimber

Hi Everyone,
I've been playing a bit on my family woodlot over the winter and it's come time to get my own spacing saw. I can get one through work for a good buy as we are a Husky dealer, but no one seems to have much experience with the new ones. Most guys here are running Sthil or Johnsered right now. Looking at ordering a 545fx next week. I've had one in my hands and it is light, with a good harness and nice features, but anyone use one full time know how reliable they are or how much fuel they tend to use? Reliability though is much more important to me than fuel use. I had borrowed and old 265 last winter, and spent more time fixing it than anything.

Thanks

beenthere

Tups
Welcome to the Forestry Forum

Good opportunity for you to get the Husky and give us a report on your review. Maybe it is the gem we are now missing with our other brands. Doing so would be your choice, but I'd look forward to a review.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

coxy

Ryan D

I have a 545 and 2 555's. The 545 is a great little saw. It is much lighter than the 555 and a tank will go a lot further. I used it in some pretty tough ground and it will keep up with the 555 for the most part, the only time it struggled was cutting some of the bigger hardwoods. Other than that I prefer it over the big saws for most tasks.

Thank You Sponsors!