iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

May be a State Record Buck

Started by Ron Scott, March 18, 2010, 07:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellmoe

Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

fishpharmer

Good story.  I would have preferred reading about a human hunter harvesting the animal.  Sounds like there is a coyote problem in that area.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ErikC

Awesome buck. I guess I could have enjoyed hearing he died of old age and was never harvested, but he was just 4 1/2 according to the article. That's a shame. :(
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Magicman

I saw him hop the fence and head North.  I didn't figure that he would travel that far before he croaked....... :o :D

In my dreams...... smiley_sleeping
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

Wow!  That's quite a story and the pictures are awesome. 
Say when

bl73

great story, happy any someone recovered the rack and is sharing for all to see.

Sparty

Believe it or not.....that is a half mile from my house.  I hunt the next woods north of where that was found.  A few years back I was drawn back on a 17 pt that must have been that buck's forefather.  Didn't get a shot at it and a little while later a couple down the road hit it on their motorcylce.  That crash was a couple hundred yards from where this new buck was found.  Must be some good genetics in the area.

gunman63

Awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and also the  locked moose horns too

Thank You Sponsors!