iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee??

Started by Magicman, December 08, 2015, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PineHill4488

Tea for me with breakfast just  touch of sugar (our tea makes most folks coffee look weak) then black coffee at the office. Two 20 oz mugs a day.

Years ago, I read a report that people who drink 8 or more cups of coffee a day have a longer, stronger, and more satisfying sex life than other groups of coffee drinkers. I can attest to the validity of the claim.  :)
Fall 2013 purchased Stihl MS 660 and an Alaskan 36" mill, am happy with the setup, hobbyist not a volume producer, have milled oak, hickory, yellow pine, and power poles.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 16, 2018, 08:25:18 AM
With this weather coming through today I just brewed me a cup and will feed the fire.  Matter of fact, later this morning I may very well brew me another cup.   :)

Would it be safe to say you run a Brewery?  :o
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 16, 2018, 04:56:35 PM
I'd need a catheter.

........or a 5/8" water hose.  :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

Quote from: LeeB on August 17, 2017, 02:17:40 PM
Percolators are where it's at and I prefer a stove top one over electric and campfire over that. Having a double expresso right now in the biz lounge on my way home. This is kinda new for me. Normally I would be swigging whiskey. Two days ago I was heading home and doing just that. At some point and time while heading toward the plane I toppled over and smacked my head. Ended up in the hospital and now I am not so proudly sporting a black eye and several stitches. I've come to the conclusion that I have a problem and it's time for a change. Coffee it is for me. There, I've said it. First step.

I have not yet lain my demon down but have somewhat come to terms with it. I have a glass of wine with my meal when I fly but not drinking to drunken stupidity any more.  This said as I sit in the airport having coffee.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

I just brewed a cup so here's to you my friend.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

elk42

Hang in there lee you have a lot friends here.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Magicman

I recently bought this!!  :o

A can of Café Du Monde New Orleans French Roast Coffee.  What was I thinking?  :o  That Coonass Coffee will kick your butt log!  :-X  I need some Beignets to go with it.   food6  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

BradMarks

Ah yes. Café au lait in the Quarter.  Probably 15 yrs now for me since I had it.

IMERC

Quote from: Magicman on December 08, 2015, 08:33:50 AMMine is straight up

same..
the brew blend is 75% dark roast and 25% espresso...
heaping ½ cup of blend to a 10 cup pot...
perpetual cup and not counting...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

IMERC

Quote from: gww on December 11, 2015, 06:54:56 PM
I don't mean this as a put down but I don't understand those that don't drink coffee.  I drink it from the minute that I wake to when I go to bed.  One of my fondest memories is x-mas at grandmas house and trying to carry the coffee filled to the brim to the adults with out spilling any.  My wife continually yells at me for the little spots of coffee I have dripped in our house so I must have never gotten good at keeping it in the cup but it is still one of my fond memories from child hood.  

I can drink coffee while I am drinking beer.  I don't understand flavored coffee and drink it black.  I like it with a little milk in it but am too lazy so drink black.  I get really bad headaches if I get busy enough that I forget to drink some for too long.    

I remember as a kid, staying up all night around a camp fire so we could check limb lines and trot lines every 2 hours.  Lots of coffee.  

I hardly ever drink water, soda.  I drink milk with food and then coffee all day.  I still love some that don't even drink it but don't pretend to understand them.
Cheers
gww
I can relate to your mind set...

IMERC

Quote from: Okrafarmer on December 15, 2015, 10:29:30 AM
Quote from: Kasba on December 14, 2015, 10:06:33 PM
I have been drinking quite a bit at work due to the cruise ship refit I am finishing up on, at home I drink Keurig because if I made a pot I would drink the whole thing.

I hear tell that if you truly want to reap the health benefits of coffee you need to drink at least five cups a day.  ;D
I believe you heard right..

IMERC

Quote from: Okrafarmer on September 25, 2016, 11:30:09 PMThat discovery is: in his opinion, coffee tastes better if it sits out over night

yup...

IMERC

Quote from: Woodcutter_Mo on August 27, 2017, 11:09:14 PMI've cut back on my coffee usage,

got a nice for no reason present yesterday...
some really nice coffee mugs that fit these big mits and they came w/ a warming plate that doesn't ''cook'' the coffee..
they should even help me cut back on the consumption...
the old way way was 3 mugs per pot.. this way it's now 2 mugs per pot...

see.. I'm cutting consumption by a third...

IMERC

Magicman

I finally shelved that can of Café Du Monde coffee.  It did not have a pleasant odor while brewing and has a strong bitter taste.  

I wondered "what I was thinking" when I bought it and now realize that I was not thinking.  :o

PA_Walnut

Quote from: Magicman on July 09, 2018, 07:41:54 AMI finally shelved that can of Café Du Monde coffee.  It did not have a pleasant odor while brewing and has a strong bitter taste.  I wondered "what I was thinking" when I bought it and now realize that I was not thinking. 

Coffee from Louisiana is like getting gumbo from Peru! :D
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Magicman

I am very fond of my Louisiana neighbors & friends but when they pull out a coffee cup that is only the size of a ½ cup you had better suck it up and get ready for a butt log kicking contest.  Coffee is brewed strong and then there is Chicory!  That Café Du Monde coffee is Arabian coffee!

lxskllr

Coffee and snus are two of my favorite things. I drink a minimum of a slightly overstuffed 10cup pot/day, and sometimes two pots, especially in the winter. Daily brew is Wegmans brand Traditional. It tastes kind of like a "donut shop" light. It has that flavor, but a little less so. I also keep some whole bean darker roasts around when I want something a little more special.

I used an electroperc for years, but it quit heating right. I thought I had some backups from the thrift shop, but they don't heat right either. They were tested before purchase, but apparently they can heat, but not heat enough. One day, I'll take one apart and see if there's something I can do with it. New units seem to poor reviews. They're from China, and aren't made like they used to be. Currently using a Bunn I got in the early 90s. It's alright. Speedy, but the extraction is a bit sub par. If I want the *best* coffee, I use one of my French presses. When the Bunn finally dies, I'll go to using a manual pourover, and my French presses. If I get in the right mood, I /may/ buy a stovetop perc, but I have so many other manual devices, it's hard to justify buying more stuff. I'm kind of tired of electric things. Hard to beat the simplicity of fire. It always works.

sawguy21

The best coffee  is made in a blue enamel pot over a campfire, set the pot on the edge of the grill. A handfull of coffee, a pinch of salt to settle the grounds and enjoy. Some like a shot of Bailey's or Captain Morgan but I wouldn't know nuthin bout that. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

IMERC

there is not enough coffee in Colombia to make me a morning person...

mike_belben

Same here yet itll keep me up all night just fine.  Except on cross country hauls when i need it to. 
Praise The Lord

IMERC

espresso shots w/ coffee pastry(?)...

IMERC

SwampDonkey

Good old reliable.

I can't prepare coffee in plastic.....ikk!! And yes, I like a coil burner stove or a Coleman camp stove. ;D An none of this dropping ice cubes in my mug stuff, just hot. But yes, 1/3 teaspoon sugar and a drop of cereal cream. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Put da proper amount of coffee in da basket, put da cup under, turn da switch on, da light turns red, but ya ain't gettin' nuttin' unless you add da water.  :o

Thank You Sponsors!