iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stinkys oil samples

Started by redpowerd, April 28, 2004, 07:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redpowerd

hey mark, did i read right in the lit. you sent me that you need a base sample along with the first sample for comparison? said base sample was no charge?

ive also looked to see if case has service like that of cats. i wanted to purchace a sampling tube for the steiger, magnum and combine, all 505s, but couldnt find any information.

now, whats the best way to sample without a tube for the oil?
i think ive been thru the lit. around five times, i understand why not to take from the pan. should i siphon from dipstick or fillerkneck :-/
thanks, like to get to it today, got 1250 hrs right on the mark
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

redpowerd

thought someone strong on heavy equipment would chime in here

stinky

stinky

stinky
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Mark M

Hi Red

I didn't see the sample come through, did you put the brand and viscosity on the label? If so then we probably have a reference oil. I'll check it out on Monday.

As for sampling I am currently recommending using a vacuum gun. They cost about $15 bucks and you can sample out of the dipstick or filler tube. These work well when you have a mixed fleet without sample ports. If we need a sample I'll let you know, you can just send us a couple ounces in a plastic pop bottle that is well rinsed and drained.

Mark

redpowerd

where do i get a sampling gun?
i havent yet taken a sample,
there will be one for the engine and one for the hy-tran.
the oil change is still on its first hour (rain) so ill wait till five hours, or whenever i get a gun, whitchever comes last ::)

i may try to rig something up if i cant get the sample in ten hours.

thanks
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

ADfields

Red how about a 50cc plastic syringe and a bit of small hose or even a A/I straw for a sampling gun ???  
Andy

ksu_chainsaw

try some i.v. tubing with the syringe.  small enough to go down the dipstick tube, and pretty cheap, so you can throw it away after using it. just my 2 cents

Charles

Thank You Sponsors!