iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stuck in the mud Duratracks?

Started by Novascotiamill, January 15, 2018, 03:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novascotiamill

We had a midwinter thaw over the weekend and guess who got stuck on a muddy incline. Im currently running 10 ply firestones on my truck, super nice driving on highway ,very quiet but not much in mud and snow. Was thinking of going with goodyear duratracks in an 8 ply. Anyone have any experience with them,good or bad ?
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

Wallys World

I run Goodyear Duratracks on both my pickups, Chevy 1500, and Ford F250. They have great traction, haven't had any problems with them. I run 10 ply on both trucks. They aren't too noisy, you know that they are there. Traction vs. noise...
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

breederman

I put them on my company work truck this winter.  I'm very happy with  their performance in snow. You can tell you are running snow tires but noise is not terrible.
Together we got this !

loganworks2

I have them on my F250. This is the second winter on them and am happy with the performance. Make sure that you rotate them regularly or they will wear and cup badly. The noise is not an issue for me it's a truck and rides and sounds like one. :)

Crusarius

I almost bought a set of those but decided to get the Hancook dynapro atm. They are not as aggressive as the duratracks but work very well in snow and decent mud. It is more like a glorified michelin but actually has traction in most conditions.

Plus they are not much louder than the stock michelin if at all. Pretty sure they are one of the lower priced tires. I am a guy that feels very strongly that the most important thing with any vehicle is a good tire. I would not recommend these if I was not very happy. I even got a set for the wifes jeep because I like them so much.

Novascotiamill

Thanks for the replies,woke up to 6 inches of snow,now at 1130 my f150 is sporting a new set of 275/65/18 LT duratracks wooo hooo let it snow or melt dont care
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

Crusarius

love to know long term feelings on those tires since I keep toying with the ideas of getting some

gman98

I'm a fan of studded tires in winter.  Firestone winterforces in winter, firestone destinations in summer
Forest technician and part time equipment operator.  Looking to get set up with some logging equipment of my own.

Oliver05262

Cooper ST Maxx work well and wear well for me. F350 single rear wheel service truck; right at 9600-9900 lbs all the time.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

mike_belben

Tawwwl and skinny is what counts for snow.  The pep boys bfg clone made by cooper is great in 235/85/16 and cheapest youll find.  Dakota definity at2 great in snow and tough in rocks but tend to go out of round ..1 or 2 in a set of 6 usually by the 3rd year. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!