iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clark 664c with 2420 transmission

Started by mf2200treever, August 07, 2017, 07:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mf2200treever

I have a 664c with a 2420 trans it has hi-lo lever and the work-travel lever is missing it is not between my feet the location is between the hi-lo and f-r  does this make sense I'm trying to hook up the travel but can't find the linkage location if it exists on this trans

mike_belben

Does the machine use a hydraulic drive? 

Ive seen transport/work lever on trenchers.  it tilts a swashplate on a variable displacement piston motor coupled to the drivebox.  If that sounds right, start looking at the motor itself underneath.. See if you can find a lever arm out the side of the motor.
Praise The Lord

treeslayer2003

Quote from: mf2200treever on August 07, 2017, 07:08:27 PM
I have a 664c with a 2420 trans it has hi-lo lever and the work-travel lever is missing it is not between my feet the location is between the hi-lo and f-r  does this make sense I'm trying to hook up the travel but can't find the linkage location if it exists on this trans
almost every one i have ever seen has that disconnected so silly operators don't go racing in the skidder and tear it up or get killed. they are fast and uncontrollable in travel high. i'm betting your linkage got thrown away at some point. the valve is high on the back of the transmission. its not the same valve the other controls are linked to.
note, do not attempt to pull any thing in travel range.

mf2200treever

Thank you for the responses I found where it hooks up on the trans.

Thank You Sponsors!