iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tinker project, rebuild a Husqvarna or Stihl?

Started by jjmk98k, March 05, 2005, 07:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmk98k

Ok guys... I am a guy who just always loves to tinker on a project,  rebuilding a old lantern, tinkering on a gun, farting around on a old car..... but I been thinking of a new project....

used chainsaw rebuild
what make and model, between Stihl and husky would you recommend for ease of parts finding and cheap cost? I'll be scrounging ePay and yardsales....  Once i find a decent core, then I'll proceed to shop around for the items needed to do the rebuild.  I have full access to a machine shop, so thats a plus for me....

looking for a mid range saw, something around Huskys 350 sized saw... maybe bigger...

ideas, suggestions?

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

jokers

Stihl 026 because there are a zillion of them out there, parts are plentiful, and it will have good resale value when rebuilt.

The trickiest part of rebuilding an 026 is getting the carb boot back through the plastic bracket of the tank assembly, but even that is a piece of cake if you just wrap a string around it and pull it through.

Russ

KiwiCharlie

Yep, me too - Stihl 026.  Once finished, you wont want to sell it, youll want to use it!  :D
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Thank You Sponsors!