iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rhino 354l Chinese skidder rebuild project

Started by Justify008, February 25, 2015, 04:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForestFox

I notice the gear is wiped next to the trans or transfer case on the left side, that looks simple to make. I am not a fan of the  metal cab and windows with glass. I would want some heavy screen, so I could see better and be safer in the woods! I'm sure you bought it right, I hope you have fun getting her back in action, best of luck. "Where there is a will, there is a way"! Git er Done................... I admire your initiative.
TJ225,MF481 wLoader, JD792, MF1080, Husky 2100's,285XP,576XP,261,

logman81

Nash did in fact sell these neat little skidders years ago, call the parts guy there I bet he would know where to get parts.  Good luck!
Precision Firewood & Logging

coxy

just go to your Yamaha dealer they should have the parts  :D :D 8)

logman81

coxy

there all junk  Japanese ,Chinese  same thing  :D   except brp them Canadians and Australians can make thing run and last ;D ;D ;D

Corley5

Looks like a labor of love  ;) ;D 8)
  Can Am ATVs are assembled in Juarez,Mexico and have been since 08.  Rotax engines are still made in Austria  ;) ;D 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

lopet

Quote from: coxy on February 28, 2015, 07:24:04 PM
there all junk  Japanese ,Chinese  same thing  :D   except brp them Canadians and Australians can make thing run and last ;D ;D ;D

coxy, I think you're comparing apples with pears.  :D :D  Any bad experience ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Justify008

Ya its definitely another project. Unfortunately it seems like I have more of them then I have time available. I still have to mount this picker

On this trailer if it would ever warm up around here

While I'm dealing with fun stuff happening like this

Ed_K

Had the same tire go on the 550 plow truck, ice ball rolled off the bank and broke the valve stem  :( .
Ed K

coxy

must have been flat tire day I had one on the trailer but hauled the skid loader any way only had to go 5miles up the road and it was all snow so all was good

Justify008

Well she's finally home.  8) 8) . I work with the guy I bought it from so he loaded it up and brought it into work then I hooked to his trailer and brought her home. It seemed heavier then I thought it would be. But that could be because the trailer is a pintle hook I'm use to hauling goosenecks so the extra back and forth could make it seem heavier. What do you guys think it weighs? I'll get some pics tommorrow

logman81

I'm going to say 10k-12k, looking forward to the pics!

Justify008

I picked up the winches last night had to roll them onto my truck there heavier then they look. There chain driven and either air or hydraulically operated.

Heres where they mount theres another transfer case with a gear inside there looks like it runs to one winch then from that winch to the other when you engage the shaft from the main transfer case they must both turn and then the air or hydraulics engages or disengages which one you want. One bolts on top and one bolts on the back with pillow block type bearings.

Autocar

Looks like a fun project thanks for scharing.
Bill

logman81

Thanks for the update,  following very closely!

tantoy

Iam Currently restoring an old Garrett skidder so I know the fun experience, Good luck with your project and keep up with the posts and pictures, we relay appreciate it!
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

mad murdock

The engine is more than likely a Chinese version of an Yanmar. A lot of those engines around in machinery and even more in marine applications. Interesting little winch set up in that machine.  What is the hp of the engine? Any placard anywhere that shows it?it will be a nice little mach One when you get it going.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

logman81

I wish I had bought one when a dealer near me was selling them.

Justify008

Well just a little update for those interested had some spare time a couple days ago figured I'd see if I could get the motor to fire before I spent the time fixing anything else. So I pulled the covers off changed the battery jumped the starter solenoid and she wurled right over. Sweet so now I primed the fuel pump went to jump the solenoid again and nothing I'm not getting power out of the solenoid. So have to fix that when I get a chance.

logman81

Thanks for the update I'm following this as you progress!

Justify008

Turns out it was just bad connections I took everything apart cleaned it and put it back together. She rolled right over I even got a video of her running on starting fluid . When I get a chance ill post it on youtube and link it here

redprospector

Be careful running it on starting fluid long enough to get a video. That stuff is hard on an engine.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

logman81

Glad you got it going looking forward to the video

Justify008

Well I finally can say I've made significant enough progress to post again been tinkering on it in my spare time. Got the radiator cleaned out and refilled with coolant only to find out I think it has a leak somewhere ill have to have it tested and find a radiator cap for it. But the big news is I got her fired and running all by herself and I have the video to prove it. If the link works.

https://youtu.be/084Ecb6V6_E

DeerMeadowFarm

Nice work! She runs pretty smooth. Quiet too!

Thank You Sponsors!