iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How much snow

Started by CLL, February 28, 2009, 07:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLL

Was just wondering how much snow people in the midwest got last night and today. I live in
mid Missouri and we got 6". Seems to be a wet snow, so heavy to shovel.
Too much work-not enough pay.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jander3

About 6-8" in Red Wing, MN.  Drove up to Hinckley Friday, they got about 4".  Hope this is it, but March is always a snowy month...so I don't count on it.

Most of the snow dropped in about 1.5 hours, so it made a bit of a mess.

semologger

Thats weird CLL. In califorina mo they have got around 3 inches then at jamestown mo They have none. We have got around 4 inches or so I havent went out. Its been going strong all day supost to end midnight. Going to make the woods pretty wet monday morning. I have alot of wood at the loader. so wont have to be running the skidder. The lift is going to have fun getting around though.

chevytaHOE5674

We didn't get any last night, but the night before we received about 9-10 inches. But thats just a drop in the bucket for the season, 266 inches and counting.

mburrow

got about 4" to 5" here

SwampDonkey

We lost some a couple days back. Oh, about a foot worth. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 01, 2009, 12:19:21 PM
We lost some a couple days back. Oh, about a foot worth. ;D

I wish, its only 3*F here so we aren't melting any snow.... yet, supposed to warm up towards the end of the week.

SwampDonkey

Was -5 F here this morning, now 20F and still climbing. It warms up fast this time of year. Heck, not dark 'til after 7:00 pm now.  8)

That last rain came down hard, water across the road off the fields in places. Ice pretty much gone off the roads now since they put a boat load of gravel on to keep the ice from taking a bite. It was just at places that over flowed where fields were higher than roads. Surprised no water came in the basement, must be frost to China, so it didn't soak in.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

It was -16* this morning and warmed to 3*. Supposed to be a high of like 6*F today, doubt it will get there though.

As for rain we have had all snow. Just keeps adding up.

SwampDonkey

We went through it last year, only 144 inches though. Only?  ::) ::) Then that goof in Fredericton said we never had more than 70 cm at any time last year on the ground. What a bunch of buffalo chips. Heck the poor robins had 4 feet of snow when they arrived in April.  :'(

chevytaHOE5674

144 is just getting started. We usually get some nasty march storms so we will probably get some more.

SwampDonkey

Rob bob bob     a bob bob bob'n along.  8)

semologger

Mburrow i hunt out there in gatewood. We have 480 acres out there. Right on the county line its the farm on the right.  There are lots of deer out there i know that.

Thank You Sponsors!