iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Foot surgery

Started by TimW, July 25, 2019, 03:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimW

I am down now.  No sawing.  I had foot surgery on both feet, last Friday, removing Tailor's Bunions.  Also hammer toe surgery on the left foot.  Doctor says I will be down 30 days.  I can walk flat footed for short distances.

When I let my dog outside for his needs, my sawmill keeps calling my name.  Summer TV is lame.  Thank God for Astros' games.
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

alan gage

Good luck with recovery. It's hard not doing things but listen to the doctor, they know what's best.

Alan
Timberking B-16, a few chainsaws from small to large, and a Bobcat 873 Skidloader.

sprucebunny

Hope you are better quickly but do what they say !

I just had to take 3 weeks 'off' after minor back surgery. After the initial shock, it was tough not doing stuff. Hope you have some sitting down type projects saved up !
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

TimW

Quote from: alan gage on July 25, 2019, 04:27:06 PM
Good luck with recovery. It's hard not doing things but listen to the doctor, they know what's best.

Alan
Alan,
     Thanks!  I am listening to him.  I have had foot surgery before and scar tissue down there is the worst place to have it.  
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

TimW

Quote from: sprucebunny on July 25, 2019, 05:04:38 PM
Hope you are better quickly but do what they say !

I just had to take 3 weeks 'off' after minor back surgery. After the initial shock, it was tough not doing stuff. Hope you have some sitting down type projects saved up !
Thanks S Bunny.  All my projects involve a Mahindra 65hp tractor, a 7 ton CAT excavator, and the Woodmizer.  Also, building a mill shed and a 22 foot long deck.
Only sitting down projects that could qualify are welding in my shop chair, but that involves lots of walking also.  My toes stick out of the surgery shoes with a pin sticking out of one toe.  Don't really wanna weld like that.
I know back surgery is rough.  How are you doing?  Do they expect a full recovery?
hugs,  Brandi

WDH

I need to get my right hand, knuckle at the base of the index finger, fixed, but I am putting it off and enduring the pain because I know that any surgery would put me out of commission for a good long while :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

TimW

Quote from: WDH on July 25, 2019, 08:51:00 PM
I need to get my right hand, knuckle at the base of the index finger, fixed, but I am putting it off and enduring the pain because I know that any surgery would put me out of commission for a good long while :).  

Sometimes that is okay.  Sometimes it ain't.  If nerves are involved, it needs to be looked at yesterday.
hugs, Brandi

Jeff

The summer of 2016 pigriast was a tough one when atammy had surgery.

Quote from: Jeff on July 14, 2016, 05:02:59 PM
She is back home and has a first temporary hard cast. Magic man no longer has the worst foot picture.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chuck White

Wow, that really looks painful, hope the recovery doesn't take all that long!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bruno of NH

I hope you heal up quickly 
It's a bummer to be laid up when your used to doing what ever you want.
I hope you are pain free after you heal.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

TimW

Quote from: Chuck White on July 26, 2019, 10:09:44 AM
Huh?  What?  Are you referring to the xrays taken 3 years ago that Jeff posted in post #7 above?
hugs,  Brandi

TimW

Quote from: Bruno of NH on July 26, 2019, 06:33:13 PM
I hope you heal up quickly
It's a bummer to be laid up when your used to doing what ever you want.
I hope you are pain free after you heal.
Thanks B of NH.  I am dying here, wanting to get outside and do something.  A "not so hot" front came through and took humidity down to 30% and temps to what we get in October.
I'm sure I will have other foot pains after surgery.  But my feet throbbing in bed after being on my feet all day and/or night will be gone.
hugs,  Brandi

TimW

Quote from: Jeff on July 25, 2019, 11:37:51 PM
The summer of 2016 pigriast was a tough one when atammy had surgery.

Quote from: Jeff on July 14, 2016, 05:02:59 PM
She is back home and has a first temporary hard cast. Magic man no longer has the worst foot picture.

Jeff,
 When I had hammer toe and big toe bunion surgery, afterwards I hopped from bed to the bathroom when I only had surgery on my right foot, so I wouldn't have to put that boot on to go pee.
  With both feet, you are pretty much stranded without a walker or cruthches and at the whims of others to bring you food so you can stay off your feet.
I do wonder, what the stitches on the side and top cured?  Sometimes I have pain in my arches and am curious.  I don't like the big end of those pins in your photos.  My pin is just plain wire bent over at the end, so it doesn't stick out past my big toe.  Those look like big bumpers that can hit a lot of stuff.
hugs,  Brandi

Jeff

Those pins had to be backed out in stages. I firgot what all they had to do. Her foot had been broken and then grown back together wrong. It had to be rebroken and things fused and all sorts of happiness.  The reason i posted it is to let you know as bad as Tammys was, she gets along well now. Not perfect, but pretty darn good,  so know that better days are to come.

TimW

Quote from: Jeff on July 26, 2019, 08:43:02 PM
Those pins had to be backed out in stages. I firgot what all they had to do. Her foot had been broken and then grown back together wrong. It had to be rebroken and things fused and all sorts of happiness.  The reason i posted it is to let you know as bad as Tammys was, she gets along well now. Not perfect, but pretty darn good,  so know that better days are to come.
Oh wow.  My Doc pulls the pin out all at once in his office with out any pain meds.  Yeah, it hurts.
I know all this is for the best.  I could only stomp around about 2 hours on the hangar floor before they hurt.  Anything will be better than that throbbing.  Thanks!!!
hugs,  Brandi

thecfarm

Take care of yourself. I've had to be my wife's nurse many times. Hard to be a nurse when I am working.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Quote from: Bindian on July 26, 2019, 08:06:36 PM
Quote from: Chuck White on July 26, 2019, 10:09:44 AM
Huh?  What?  Are you referring to the xrays taken 3 years ago that Jeff posted in post #7 above?
hugs,  Brandi
Yup, Jeff's posted pics!    ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

samandothers

Hope the healing goes well!  Had one foot, hammer toe, in April.  Near end of September will be second foot.  Swelling from foot work seems to take forever to go down.  I did not have external wires/pins.  The used a 'dissolving' (over 3 years) rods to help straighten, after the joints were ground and tendons lengthened to allow the movement.
You'll be up and around soon I hope and each day improve. 

TimW

A stitch was over looked for removal and it got infected.  3 weeks now on antibiotics and a week ago the surgeon lanced my left foot and packed the hole with dressing to drain.  I have 12 days until he takes that out.  Hopefully then, he will allow the hole to heal.  So until then, I can't get the foot wet or sweaty.  So I am stuck in the house being a couch potato until the hole heals.
Please help...............send sawdust to smell. smiley_clapping smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_hellow_im_here smiley_fiddler smiley_whacko
hugs,  Brandi

Jeff

TimW

Bruno of NH

Sorry to hear this
Sitting still can drive a person nuts
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

TimW

Thanks Bruno.  TV nowadays has plenty of reality shows of mechanical things that keeps my busy mechanical mind occupied.
hugs,  Brandi

samandothers

That is not good.  Sorry the recovery gets stretched out.  Heal well!

TimW

Quote from: samandothers on September 15, 2019, 07:36:49 AM
That is not good.  Sorry the recovery gets stretched out.  Heal well!
Correct. horn_smiley  Everything is snowballing. :snowball:  Ran out of FMLA, might have to dip into retirement account fiddle-smiley, not sweating off the pounds in summer weather think_not,  so holiday eating will hit harder, more things outside keep breaking and needing repairs. franken-smiley
  Not to mention I am concerned about the infection being completely eliminated, while trying to keep my foot, with a hole in it's side, sterile.  All in a house that needs cleaning laundry-smiley because I am too medicated to worry go_away about anything other than sitting in the recliner and eating. 
But gotta go to the grocery store, as being home all the time..............my pantry is almost empty. fudd-smiley  So it is not good. hurt_smiley  Thanks for the heal well! smiley_blue_bounce
hugs,  Brandi

Thank You Sponsors!