iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NH Farm and Forest Show

Started by dlabrie, February 04, 2012, 06:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlabrie

My wife and I went to the NH Farm and Forest show in Manchester, NH today. I met Ross Clair from WM in Maine. I actually got to put my hands on a new LT15 with an 18hp diesel ;D . Boy oh boy do I want one of those! Ross' offer of a dozen blades to my wife for Valentin's day didn't work  >:(

Aside from that there was quite a lot to see. There was a high school that has a class in timber framing and they were set up working mortises and tenons for  barn that they had designed on a CAD program.

Everything from baby chicks to skidding winches. A good time :)
David in NH

cutterboy

DANG! I wish I had known there was a show up there today. I would have liked to go. Today I drove my wife to the big LL Bean store in Freeport Maine (175 miles each way) to buy clothes.  ::) ::) ::) ::) Manchester is less than 100 miles from me and would have been a lot more fun.

Dlaribe, I'm glad you had a good time and I hope you get a mill soon.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

dlabrie

QuoteToday I drove my wife to the big LL Bean store in Freeport Maine (175 miles each way) to buy clothes.

I feel your pain.  :o
David in NH

Jim_Rogers

Is it going on again today?

I sold that school some timber framing tools a few years ago, after meeting them there at that show.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

dlabrie

I think it was just Friday and Saturday.
David in NH

thecfarm

Ross is on the other side of town from me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Papa1stuff

i
I thought LL Bean would ship things for free?
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

cutterboy

Quote from: Papa1stuff on February 06, 2012, 05:12:29 PM
i
I thought LL Bean would ship things for free?

They do if you have a LL Bean credit card. We do, but my wife wanted to get some hiking boots and wanted to try them on.

Papa1stuff

I am with you with that ,trying on is the only way,they never fit if you get them through the mail
!
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

bull

Wife an I went on Staurday, alway's a nice show... Even better this year I was a winner in a raffle, I got a call yesterday the I had won an electric fence controler from Wellscroft Fence Systems LLC ..

dlabrie

David in NH

cutterboy

Hey Bull, good for you. Thoes things are expensive. I had one that got fried in a lighting strike. I wanted to get another one so I could set up a fence around my sweet corn to keep the coons out. I went to Agway but the cheapest ones he had were around $100.00. The racoons and I shared the corn last year. :-\

Thank You Sponsors!