iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

picco chain

Started by RaulP, January 01, 2019, 02:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaulP

Hi

I am going to replace and old husqvarna 350 which my wife uses for cutting firewood with the new stihl 241 cm.Which chain should I choose?Picco Super  or Picco Mini and full or semi chisel? Also how is the kick back from picco chain compared to the husqvarna 350 standard chain. 

HolmenTree

RaulP, the MS241that are available for sale here in Canada mostly come standard with the Picco .050 PM or PS chain
PM is semi chisel PS is chisel.
.043 gauge 61 PM Mini Picco is only recommended for pole saws or battery power saws. There is a smaller mini Picco in .250" pitch .043 gauge called 71PM but only recommended for the smallest gas saw the MS150 or for battery saws.

Picco kickback energy is much lower then the .325 or .375 chains Husqvarna 350 saws normally run.
The low profile long extended Picco cutter and large depth gauge are why it has less kickback. The extra "3" chain code also has an extra safety deflector link built in to produce even less kickback.  Example: Picco 63PS3 .
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

RaulP

Quote from: HolmenTree on January 01, 2019, 03:07:11 PM
RaulP, the MS241that are available for sale here in Canada mostly come standard with the Picco .050 PM or PS chain
PM is semi chisel PS is chisel.
.043 gauge 61 PM Mini Picco is only recommended for pole saws or battery power saws. There is a smaller mini Picco in .250" pitch .043 gauge called 71PM but only recommended for the smallest gas saw the MS150 or for battery saws.

Picco kickback energy is much lower then the .325 or .375 chains Husqvarna 350 saws normally run.
The low profile long extended Picco cutter and large depth gauge are why it has less kickback. The extra "3" chain code also has an extra safety deflector link built in to produce even less kickback.  Example: Picco 63PS3 .
Thanks. What do you think should I take full chisel or semi chisel picco for cutting firewood. The saw is going to be mostly used by my wife. I myself had a little accident lately with stihl 261 which had a full chisel chain while cutting a little brush and I am a little bit afraid of full chisel chain at the moment. I apparently did not used full throttle to cut a little branch and the chain grabbed the saw down to my leg. The full chisel chain seems very grabby for me. 

HolmenTree

Semi chisel is all you need . It will hold a sharp edge longer then the chisel with room for mistakes like cutting into the dirt.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!